Highline steering module number

Shane.

Reaction score
Done abit of research and found mention of the 8P0 953 549 F as the correct highline module for my car so I can fit mfsw is this correct as I have seen alot of them with that part number ending in H, A, BB and BF and wanted to make sure

Thanks
Shane

Yes...That's correct.

there is one on ebay at the mo but he is wanting £120 for it :faint:

i had one a couple weeks ago but have fitted that into a customers car. always on the lookout for these but they are rare and expensive to come across.

BOOO!! Still after one for my steering wheel fit. Might have to spend £120 to get that one off Flea bay. He wont budge from that price so needs must and all that. If anyone hears of one coming up then can they let me know. Cheers

I will keep an eye on eBay then for that number, thanks :)

yh thats the guy we were talking about, so he finally dropped his price! it still wont sell at that price unless someone is really desperate!

You might be right but they are £165 from Audi and whilst ever people want to fit mfsw they will have to pay the going rate !

yh but thats way over the going rate... that guy is just trying to capitalise on the fact that there arent may of those module on ebay at the moment... i bought a steering control module a few weeks back for £75 and that is still overpriced compared to the £40 i paid for my own one just over a year ago

I is a desperate man................I need one. Got a mint FBMFSW with no car attached to it. Aaaarrgghhh

Just PM'd the Ebay seller again as apparently the price wasnt negotiable.............we'll see if it drops again if it doesnt sell again.

Last edited:
yh but thats way over the going rate... that guy is just trying to capitalise on the fact that there arent may of those module on ebay at the moment... i bought a steering control module a few weeks back for £75 and that is still overpriced compared to the £40 i paid for my own one just over a year ago

Supply and demand mate - basic economics ! Unfortunately it's the way of the world !

i knw he would take £100 cash on collection and although he isnt that far from my work place there isnt anything in it for me so i wont bother.plus i have spent my money on other good things

This is all too confusing now...went into the garage yesterday as I had a niggling feeling that I had suffix F steering module fitted on my S3 which would mean I could go ahead and fit the FBMFSW. This is whats fitted

SLIP RING - IK0 959 653 D
MODULE - 8P0 953 549 F (yes F)

So I do believe that I dont require a new module..........can someone verify please.

IF this is correct do I need an additional loom to go from wheel to module?

Last edited:
Those are the correct modules for mfsw. If you are fitting a fbmfsw you should have the correct loom supplied with the wheel and airbag.

ok so the loom you need is 8J0 971 589 H, ETKA shows it as £38 from Audi... get ordering and get fitting!
Was nice talking to you too mate :friends:
lol now your going to think "that was quick" :p

Last edited:
i knw he would take £100 cash on collection and although he isnt that far from my work place there isnt anything in it for me so i wont bother.plus i have spent my money on other good things

I messaged that eBay fella last night. He agreed £90 collected after I offered him £70 collected.

ahh so you going to get it now then? he obviously knows he isnt going to get his asking price what with so many people messaging him and then just giving up

I may do Ash, think he has got two so may be cheeky and give him £160 for the pair. Not sure he will go for it?

nah i already tried that lol
he said he had 2 and although the pic shows he has 2 he actually only has 1 left. he is finding it hard to sell so now is slowly lowering his price. £90 i guess isnt as bad as £120

See if he relists it again at a lower price like he did before. My 1st dealings with him he said No Way to anything less than asking price....so its now £90.........hmmm I would wait and call his bluff.

The FBMFSW saga continues. Fitted the wheel today after getting the loom. Not really that hard to fit it. So when it came to code it this is where all the problems started. A lengthy phone call to Ash proceeded after getting ESP light on and afew other things, and then we discovered that my car is actually fitted with Steering Module IK0 953 549 AH which is in fact NOT compatible with a FBMFSW. Now having been into the Audi garage and getting a print out of what is fitted to my car according to Audi, it transpires that they have f****d up by incorrectly identifying the wrong module.....what a phone call that was. I await their investigation.
So Im really back to square one albeit with a FBMFSW fitted and no active controls. The hunt for a suffix F module begins again.
Must thank Ash for doing a brilliant job in sitting with me with on mobile with bluetooth on and VCDS running for more an hour trying to decipher what was wrong with the car. Thanks buddy....I owe you one. You are a top bloke

Last edited:
WOW......just heard back from the garage with the worst ever excuse Ive heard. The MFSW was never an option on my chassis number as an S3. A little baffled now as Ive seen alot of 8P2 S3's with them fitted as standard but apparently was never an option for my car according to their database. The head parts dude says he will get no-where with it if email sent to higher authority. We'll see. I can see a major rant brewing up over the weekend. 0800 Monday and I will be there knocking on the doors.

The FBMFSW saga continues. Fitted the wheel today after getting the loom. Not really that hard to fit it. So when it came to code it this is where all the problems started. A lengthy phone call to Ash proceeded after getting ESP light on and afew other things, and then we discovered that my car is actually fitted with Steering Module IK0 953 549 AH which is in fact NOT compatible with a FBMFSW. Now having been into the Audi garage and getting a print out of what is fitted to my car according to Audi, it transpires that they have f****d up by incorrectly identifying the wrong module.....what a phone call that was. I await their investigation.
So Im really back to square one albeit with a FBMFSW fitted and no active controls. The hunt for a suffix F module begins again.
Must thank Ash for doing a brilliant job in sitting with me with on mobile with bluetooth on and VCDS running for more an hour trying to decipher what was wrong with the car. Thanks buddy....I owe you one. You are a top bloke

No probs mate, its just a long procedure to get rid of those stupid errors.

WOW......just heard back from the garage with the worst ever excuse Ive heard. The MFSW was never an option on my chassis number as an S3. A little baffled now as Ive seen alot of 8P2 S3's with them fitted as standard but apparently was never an option for my car according to their database. The head parts dude says he will get no-where with it if email sent to higher authority. We'll see. I can see a major rant brewing up over the weekend. 0800 Monday and I will be there knocking on the doors.

What a load of crap!! 2008 S3s dont come with MFSW??? oh i'd like to see how they keep that one up? so much bull!!

these audi bois really need to sort themselfs out and stop chatting alot of poop when dont no whats going on.

Looking forward already to the discussion on Monday. One other thing has anyone got the part number for the airbag screws plastic blanking plates. My wheel seems to have none and the 2 from the S3 wheel dont fit.

The old S3 wheel will be going on the classifieds section so watch this space.

Give the part number of the wheel to Audi parts and they will match up the caps. About £6 each iirc.

Looking forward already to the discussion on Monday. One other thing has anyone got the part number for the airbag screws plastic blanking plates. My wheel seems to have none and the 2 from the S3 wheel dont fit.

The old S3 wheel will be going on the classifieds section so watch this space.

Should be :- 8J0 419 732 (6PS black) £2.65 each but check first !!!!