Hill Hold

er...comes as standard. I presume you're refering to the thing that, when in a forward gear, the car will be prevented from rolling backwards no matter how steep the hill?

It does work, but you still get a small initial roll.

[ QUOTE ]
er...comes as standard. I presume you're refering to the thing that, when in a forward gear, the car will be prevented from rolling backwards no matter how steep the hill?

It does work, but you still get a small initial roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeef, I think he means the new addition to the DSG box on facelifted cars. You can spec Hill hold assist. Stops it rolling at all, more like a traditional lock up on an auto.

In answer to the original question, I dont see the point of it. I like the bit of roll, as it lets you manouver the car without having to constantly swap between D and reverse.

There's one junction on a very steep hill I have to use regularly.
The 'hill hold' would be great in that scenario as I often find myself 'rocking' back and forth a bit.

I could,of course,use the handbrake,but I tend to forget about that at the time.

Not worth spending extra on.

It comes standard on dutch cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But surely there are no hills in Holland ! I shall have to check to see if it comes as standard in Austria when I am there next week. Quite a few more hills than Holland. Usually have a nose in a couple of the local Audi dealers.