Hit A Massive Pot hole !

S3 Paul

Reaction score
On sunday evening while driving i heard/ felt a big BANG as i hit a big pot hole, While looking for a safe place to stop i hit another even bigger hole!
I havent checked in depth for damage yet but i know the steering wheel doesnt sit straight and the under tray is hanging down, There is also a rumble from the drivers wheel.
Does anybody know how if its even possible i should go about complaining or trying to claim for the repairs?
Ive heard the council like to make it hard...

I've never done it but read about people who claimed.
The cuncil seems to make it very hard for people to claim and they drag it out, hoping you will give up.

Most of the advice is to take an image of the pot holes with a tape messure to show the depth and size of the holes and any damage done to the car.

I'm trying to find you a web site. 1min.

what you have to do is prove that the council haven't maintained the road according to their policy. if you get a photo of the hole, with a tape measure, and then cross reference it with a copy of their policy. they won't bother fighting you and they should send an inspector around within a couple of weeks. Leeds City Council were fairly good about it all

Since the big snowfall and freeze, we have suddenly acquired a lot of potholes around our way. It'll be interesting to see how quickly our council gets round to patching them up.

In the meantime, I'm being ultra-cautious

i feel your pain Paul. I managed to hit a pot hole too last week. I was far too busy eyeing up an s3 on the other side of the road lol Luckily i run some kit-kat chunky tyres on mine so no damage done a part from the dashboard beeping at me saying i have a brake light out lol

My mate ended up driving through what was basically a BOMB CRATER of a pothole in his Boxster S which totally bent the crap out of.
He sent a claim as above and got money for a wheel eventually, but it can be a lot of hassle.

Ref your rumble, i hit a pothole a couple of months ago and i've just had to have that wheel bearing replaced.It started as a rumble (Audi said it was the tyres) and ended up as a very loud knocking noise.

Im thinking wheel bearing to be honest,
Im going to take the car to a good lad i know who works for quickfit ( before you lot start, he used to work for a big VAG tuner and has always done me proud ) so he can check over any problems,