hit and run scumbag :(

adam1314

Reaction score
IMG 20131012 184310

Some scumbag hit my car and ran away on the off road parking ground this morning. It is all over the left side of my car. The picture shows the left door for the second row of the seats. I mean the bumper on that door (not the door of the boot) is the most damaged area. Sorry for the confusion. The rear bumper is fine. The base paint has been exposed and it is a bit deep. Anyone has any idea how to fix this? My insurance excess is 500 and i guess this shiuld be fixed under 300ish. Or i can just buy a new painted bumper and replaced the dented one. My weekend has been ruined by this hit and run :(
(

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear that Adam, absolute scum is what they are. :(x

Sorry to hear of this.
My mrs reversed into a wall and made a mess of my rear bumper.
Audi approved garage wanted 300 quid for fix and respray.
Quality Indy garage have quoted me 225.
U can get a bumper off eBay secondhand for 50 quid if it's that bad.
A new bumper from Audi is 270 quid.
I think ul be a lot more than 300 quid to fix the side and the bumper bud :)

Reactions: adam1314
The major and deep dent are on the bumper of the left door. The narrow but long rectangular bit. The door itself is alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbieWebs
The major and deep dent are on the bumper of the left door. The narrow but long rectangular bit. The door itself is alright.

Ahh the plastic bit on the door.
Might not be too much to fix it then after all bud :)
Might be a lot easier to blend in then :)

I am wondering if there is a world or phrase to describe the plastic narrow but long bit on the door panel.

(12)8P4853963A protective strip for doorleft rear
4-door

Might be what ur looking for m8 :)

Bumper strips aren't they ?

I feel your pain adam happens more and more now ,happened to me in m&s car park ,going cost £500 to fix my car ,no cameras seen it ,so i,m going get front ,rear and side cameras fitted by tim at advanced-car-technologies ;)

So annoying when this happens! I've been there myself, wrecked my bumper and headlight. Then it put my insurance up even though I didn't claim!

Many thanks for all your inputs. I feel a lot better now :)

So annoying when this happens! I've been there myself, wrecked my bumper and headlight. Then it put my insurance up even though I didn't claim!

Yesterday when I called 101 to report the hit and run incident, the operator said I should visit my local police station but it is closed and suggest I go on Monday. I am wondering if I report this to the police, besides sending letter to query the incident to my neighbours, will they also let my insurance company know about it. Even though I am not going to claim it, if the insurance company knows about it, they will probably still increase my next year's premium. I have a 5 year unprotected NCD :( . If that is the case, I probably will not visit the police station and just fix it on my own.