Hmmmm, what's wrong with this picture?

~RS~

Reaction score
I've been hearing this annoying ping type sound coming from the front drivers side wheel. Upon inspection today this is what I saw looking into the wheel arch with wheel off.

Now I'm no expert, actually very far from an expert with cars lol... But this definitely doesn't look right to me!

The spring isn't seated in the top mount properly and the 2 coils in the middle are touching and seem to have been for some time due to wear marks.

Initially the bouncy castle rough ride was put down to the 19's tyre profile and being kinda low but now I'm rethinking this......

The suspension set up is KW 35mm springs and FK high-tec shocks. (checked part number on springs and it matches the correct PN for my car: DSG 2.0TDi sportback).

Anybody tell me wtf is going on up there? the spring sits on the shock fine but isn't at all right in the top mount.

IMG-20120505-00309.jpg

IMG-20120505-00308.jpg

IMG-20120505-00307.jpg

IMG-20120505-00306.jpg

Seems that way because of the sticker on it. I'm going to check the other side now, then call the numpty that fitted them!:banghead:

Anybody else think this is the case?

Would make sense, looking at them, but pretty sure that wouldn't cause the rubbing. I suppose the fact they're not fitted properly would make the compression all messed up, which could cause the rubbing... I think.

Lmao! Behave yourself Ash, might still be a deal in the pipeline for you yet :jester: