Hole in rear silencer S3

pajcaj

Reaction score
Hi All

Great forum!

I wonder if I could ask S3 owners if there is supposed to be a small hole in the bottom of the rear silencer as per pictures?

The dealer has viewed the pictures but is unsure if the hole is there by design or not, but I asked, as it is blowing gas from this hole then surely it would fail an MOT in 3 years time? They are currently discussing with technical on the issue.

I sent a picture from the workshop electronic manual which does depict some sort of recess in the area of the small hole which is approximately 4mm in diameter

Thank in advance for any advice.

Pete

Attachments

• S3 hole in rear silencer.jpg
    S3 hole in rear silencer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 374
  • S3 rear silencer.jpg
    S3 rear silencer.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 339
Thats a water drain hole surely.

Reactions: Battlekrapz and PilotAudi
Hi mate noticed you had put on a post the pin readout on an a3 8v retro rear light fit , where did you get the readout from please, my friend is doing a facelift on my old a3/Rs3 2015 putting face lift lights on 2016-on and I was wondering if you could put me in right direction to where I can find a pin readout for the Rs3/a3 facelift headlight from a earlier 2015 ? Also I’m trying to find wiring diagram for my lads Audi A3 slime 2017 , long story but I’m repairing wires under bonnet from a light fire, and can’t find one anywhere , nobody on here has come up with one. You couldn’t help me out with that too could you, thanks John

Sorry the saints I think it’s my fault, that thread was very old. I put a message on there hoping the guy saw what I had written as I had seen he had posted pin readouts, fir somebody , hoping he would get notifications that I had replied. Sorry fella

Reactions: The Saints