Holiday prices rip off

S32B

Reaction score
A family member is trying to start the following, help him if you want to :) thanks :

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/273931/sponsors/new?token=afjwZC1lyqCBXg0bh2

My petition:

Make holiday companies be more honest about prices and room availability.

You often see holidays advertised with big red banners saying "Only 2 rooms left at this price", which makes you 'panic buy', as you want that holiday, only to find out a few days later that they have added more of the same rooms at a much lower price, sometimes hundreds of pounds lower. They currently get around it by saying "We may occasionally add more of the same room types on sale at a later date".

I'm sure a TV shop wouldn't get away with advertising "Only 2 left at this price" and once they'd been sold bring out another 10 and sell them at the same price or less!

Holiday prices in general need to be more controlled, how can the total cost of a holiday fluctuate by hundreds of pounds sometimes in a matter of hours? They are just ripping the British public off.

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
I thought this sort of thing has already had a law passed in regards to this? Or I might be getting confused with the law to do with not displaying all the hidden fees for rooms as many say "from £109" but after fees it's nearly £120 for example.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just signed it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
I thought this sort of thing has already had a law passed in regards to this? Or I might be getting confused with the law to do with not displaying all the hidden fees for rooms as many say "from £109" but after fees it's nearly £120 for example.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
No idea mate?!?

Just signed it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, he sent me a text to say that enough people have signed to get it properly checked and published, should be a week or so :)

Reactions: Sandra and Adam14
signed it mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra and S32B