Home Cinema Systems

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys are running/suggest?

I was originally thinking of getting some regular sound bar with wireless rear speakers but after going to a TV audio place (and previous audio experiance) I now want the works so I'm looking for a speaker in each corner and more for proper surround sound.

£350 is about my limit and so far this is the leading contestant: https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems/yamaha-yht1840.html

Any links/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

To be honest, you probably can't go wrong with Yamaha stuff and that seems good value. Can't comment on that specific setup but I run a Yamaha amp (with quite similar power specs) and Tannoy speakers and am very happy with it.

I would say that there might be better choices out there for you though. Have a look at some of the Onkyo offerings which are normally really good VFM and I also saw a setup on Superfi that looks within budget and pretty good (https://www.superfi.co.uk/p-20621-p...ver-with-denon-sys2020-51-speaker-system.aspx) which seems a great deal, especially considering they are selling the speakers on their own for only £40 less than the package deal. I think separately the amp is normally £185.

I didn't actually listen to any of the stuff I bought before I got it, mainly due to location - I just went off reviews etc. but am happy with what I got. I bought from Richer Sounds and didn't have any issues whatsoever

Also might be worth looking in their open box and ex demo listings. If you've got a Superfi/Richer sounds local, they also have stuff on offer listed on their website with the shop it's in. This stuff will most likely have been well looked after (and in the cases of speakers, well run in) as they want the keep it nice to show off their products etc.

Hope that helps - although I might have made a bit more work/research for you.

Reactions: DieselJake