Homelink Retrofit

GeoffDunk

Reaction score
Website
www.gdluxurytransport.co.uk
Hi all,

Does anyone know what parts are required for a Homelink retrofit, I know I would require the 3 button switch in the overhead console, is there an interface unit anywhere in the car and/or a sender outside the vehicle?

Just purchased a new house with electric gates and electric garage doors and I am not a fan of junk rattling around in the car, I have Advance Key so I carry nothing, with home link I woildn't even need a door key!

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers all.

We've fitted these if you're looking for a supply/fit solution, it requires certain systems on the gate to work.

The house is still being built and the door and gate kits are Homelink compatable. How many items are required for a retro fit at roughly what cost?

Supply only?
Supply and fit?

We've fitted these if you're looking for a supply/fit solution, it requires certain systems on the gate to work.
Hi there I wonder if you could help me with the coding as I've installed the homelink into my b9 a4?

This is a pretty good retrofit guide if not seen already

I'd recommend going for the transponder with part ending "b" or "c" as they have the right frequency for the UK and widest range. 8K0 907 410 C

You'll need to code it in using vcds or obdeleven etc. Comfort module and central electric modules have bits to activate.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

Sorry I read the top post and missed your question. You'll probably need to check in the b9 area of the forum but I'd expect similar coding points if wired into the comfort module then usually something there to activate and something in electrics. Are there physical buttons or all done via the MMI?

This help?

Sorry I read the top post and missed your question. You'll probably need to check in the b9 area of the forum but I'd expect similar coding points if wired into the comfort module then usually something there to activate and something in electrics. Are there physical buttons or all done via the MMI?

This help?

Hi thank you for your reply, I really appreciate any help on this. I've actually used the link as a guide but it had some info missing on the connection to the BCM. I accessed erwin for the wiring diagram, learned my way around that which was fun as it was my first time. I confirmed the connector to insert the pin for homelink.

I did follow the coding in that link but I'm getting some errors. I have no communication errors with the garage door opener module. I'm thinking the coding I've missed something but I've checked a lot of times. I did manage to get the homelink logo to show on the mmi panel when you swipe down but there is not homelink menu in the mmi. Its a bit of a pain as the homelink is purely controlled in the mmi vs the buttons.

So you've done the adaptation in the 5F module to enable the garage door opener in the MMI?

What errors you getting?

Polish site for a b9

This says sq5 so may not be helpful but link anyway

Maybe start a thread in the b9 area to continue updates so not to confuse this b8 section.

So you've done the adaptation in the 5F module to enable the garage door opener in the MMI?

What errors you getting?

Polish site for a b9

This says sq5 so may not be helpful but link anyway

Wow thank you for the links they are nicely detailed. After looking it does look like I've coded the same as they did so I'm not sure what's left. I'll attach some pics of the errors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326_165815_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_165815_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230326_170839.jpg
    20230326_170839.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20230326_133247_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_133247_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 47