honest opinions needed !!!!!

well, yeah, thats exactly what i'd be doing ;)

I do a fair bit of match fishing and some of the tracks i have to drive down to venue's would kill me if it was lowered!!!
standard sport suspension aint to bad imho !
right, heres the plan !
SPLITTER, gone with the wind !
PLATES, standard,, numbers only and nowt else
WHEELS, silver, including the rings!!
GRILLS, matt black, rings left chrome!
CALIPERS, silver with disk protectors black !
REAR, de-badged except the rings (and in the not so near future) custom twin outlet exhaust with 3inch inward rolled slashcut tips from exhaustsuk (2 mins from my house) with black bumper inlay vynil wrapped to the bottom of the bumper same as s4 rear end!!!
undecided weather to use mat black, or carbon film !

Wouldn't be advising on the completely plain plates, as has been done a couple times now. But more the legal minimum. You still need the posctcode of the place that made them, and the BSA mark (or whatever it is), else it will fail an MOT.

Personally I like the splitter. Its not too intrusive, looks good. I would keep it, at least for the time being until you sort out the rest.

Wheels, I dislike the wheels themselves. For me they are far too popular now, but if your happy, then thats all that matters. Personally, I would only have them a few shades lighter. Not silver, but somewhere in between. BUT, I probably wouldn't bother until they are scuffed to bits anyway, then pay for the refurb / colour change, cos it'll cost the same anyway. Might as well only do it once. Would loosed the coloured rings though. They are rank.

De-badged - YES

Beyond that, I would probably just leave it. An extra 15-20mm lower would make the world of difference, but that all depends on where you live really, if its feasible or not. Or if you perhaps think its "chavvy" to lower a car???

dont know if the "chavvy" remark was a sly dig mate, !
but there is a difference between lowering a classy motor like a b6 avant and a saxo !!!

i did the later, by the way!
when i was 19!!!
green saxo vtr
morrette headlamp conversion
17 inch mille miglia's
koni shocks and eibach springs
full magnex exhaust
pipercross induction kit
pioneer tv head unit
infinity mids n tweets and 6x9,s wired to an infity sq+ amp
and 2x 12 inch JL audio subs to a rockford fosgate amp !!!!!
propper fanny magnet !!!! PMSL!!!
those where the days !!!!

oooh dont forget the harness pads on the seatbelts!!

lmfao!!!!

ohhhh how its good to be all grown up a mate lol

he he he he he spent a ****** mint on that car, and me nova gte before it !!!!!
oooh now the memories come flooding back,, nova gte,, what a car,, 2 tools and you could strip the car to the bone!!
"a phillips screw driver and a 10mm ring spanner" !!! PMSL!

NOT A SINGLE TORQUE SCREW TO BE FOUND! LOL

hahaha yeah the good old days i had a cav gsi 2000 16v and a friend had a nov gti and put the 20l gsi engine in it omg it was fast long gone are the days of the guy telling you what is wrong with the car now all the computers in them we have to belive the cars lol

dunno about that mate,,, there are dodgy mechanics and it would seem there are dodgy computors aswell!!!
my work van (brand new 60 plate transit connect) has just gone tits up !!!!!
computer says theres sod all up with it,, but it wont ****** start,
had to be sent back to plant where it was made cos local ford dealers cant sort it !!!
LOL

the one thing that changes a car's look is the wheels. . next time you are out on the road, take a look at any car with smart silver wheels. they can even make a metro look good..... well! almost....
wheels, they maketh or breaketh.

IMG_0097.jpg

these wheels in this colour, just does it for me!
i know they've been done to death, but for me they still look cool,, subtle,, but cool!!!
and especially from this angle!!!! awsome look that !

It wasn't a dig at you. I like lowered cars.

Its your car, so whatever makes you happy is what to go for.