honest opinions needed !!!!!

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
right fella's, after a bit of spit and polish, a few pics and a good chat with my neighbour who has a spankin new abiza FR
i keep askin myself,, is the car, i once thought was lookin pretty cool beginning to look chavvy?????
i have to give him his due's because i aint behind the door and he was honest enough to give me a straight opinion !!!:applaus:
he thinks the wheels look nice and aggresive, but perhaps, silver ones would give it an understated classier look as opposed to the sort of quick off the line look !!!
after all it aint an s4,, its a sport tdi !!!!
he also got me thinking about the cupra splitter, making me think, from certain angles,, the front looks a little square!!!
with this in mind, im thinking of going back to silver on the wheels, including the rings on the caps,and removing the splitter!!!!
"removing the number plates goes without saying" which leads me handily on to my next point !
"DONT SMOKE CRACK "! :p
i do want honest replies only, no yes sir no sir replies, just tell me what you think at the moment!!! no offense taken !!!
any suggestions welcome aswell fella's!!
cheers big ears !!!!!!:thumbsup:
lucypics014.jpg

lucypics016-2.jpg

lucypics017.jpg

Last edited:
i think your car looks good, i like the wheels and the front looks fine to me. you have got it looking how you wanted it to look, and nothing about it looks OTT to me

I think that maybe the wheels would look better silver, but other than that it looks very nice and i love the roof spoiler.

Cheers Jay

I'm not a fan of the red audi ring's if i'm going to be honest. I have never been into black/Gunmetal coloured wheels as i feel the dark colours hides the detail of the wheel.

Definitely lose the red wheel centres! The dark wheels might look better with a dechromed grille perhaps? I'm not a big fan of the splitter on an S-Line style front, so with that off and the other mods I think it would look really good.

My opinions aren't to everyone's tastes though!

With the plates off and those mods it will look great.

I've been hosting an internal argument with myself whether do refurb my RS6 wheels silver or dark and have decided to go silver because although I like the dar, agressive look for wheels and matching other trims.. I think I want to lean towards subtle instead of loud.
I think the splitter looks OK. Actually I like the car as it is but if you're asking for opinions that's my tuppenece.
Do you know anyone that would swap wheels with you for a week or two just to see how you like the silver again before you fork out and change your own?

Again the car looks good, but in my opinion i would go back to silver wheels, i know what you mean about the splitter, i park next to an identical one to mine at work although he has no splitter and to be honest i think the splitter looks good, but when in the drive i look at it and think "not sure" i may colour code mine so it looks more like an natural extension to the s-line front, but then again the black matches my car as i have no chrome " other than the headlight inners-untill i find some S4 ones" Oh decisions decisions.

hi mate

definately would look better with "silver" wheels, although i do like the smoked look, but i think that really only works with dark coloured cars, mind you, have you considered "wrapping" as an alternative? then de-chrome the front and.. voila???

i do get loads of coments from mates saying how awsome the car looks, but to be fair, we are talking about lads flying around in vxr's and r type civics ect !!!
i appreciate your comments and it seems my concerns are valid, the car is starting to look a little too much !!!
better start saving some penny's then, want a pucker job doing!
she's gunna go chicken oriental though, im supposed to be buying an engagement ring only my minds on me 4 rings ! PMSL!
needs sorting though cos its twisting me mellon !
i want more of a "sat in the corner lookin cool" rather than a "stood at the bar showing off" sort of look!
any suggestions on actual colour? theres loadsa silvers out there!!!!!!
the splitters going aswell,
the chromes going aswell!
and as for the tail gate, im having the bumper cut at exhaustsuk and 2x 3.5 inch inward rolled slash cut tips grafted into the slots
and the insert and lower lip vynil wrapped, either matt black or carbon aint decided yet!!!
i swoar blind i wasnt touching this one when the enemy asked if i was gunna fettle it ! LOL

Last edited:
any suggestions on actual colour? theres loadsa silvers out there!!!!!!

For the wheels?

I've copied this from another post:

I used paint from the dealers.
Audi Avus silver, you get a tin of base coat silver metallic, and a tin of clear lacquer.
IIRC was £11 a set.

Part number/Paint code is - LLS 0M6 Z17

Halfords 'Aluminium Silver' is very similar.

I did these with the genuine Avus colour:

DSC00301.sized.jpg

only my minds on me 4 rings ! PMSL!
needs sorting though cos its twisting me mellon !

Lloyd my mind is the same, as it's the only thing i think of 24/7. I haven't seen my wheel's in four week's .

they just dont get it though, do they pal????
im beginning to think, gay is the way!, cus a bloke would agree with yer ! PMSL!

FOR ALL THOSE WITH ZERO SENSE OF HUMOUR,,, THAT WAS A JOKE,,, I AM IN NO WAY CLARKE KENT!
AND I AINT BEHIND WITH THE RENT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFBO !

I would either keep the wheels that colour, and black the grill surrounds, or Have them in silver.

I would also get rid of those plates and get some pressed metal ones. Also debadge the rear (except the s line badge)

I think its the plates that may make it look a little chavvy.

Car looks great . not sure about the red rings ,But you have them red because you like them . so its all good.

car is looking great ,love the splitter ,the only thing i would change is the red rings but hey would'nt it be a boring car scene if nobody did anything different ,If you like them don't worry what anyone else thinks it does'nt look chav to me .

me nuts in peices here,, might try painting the rings silver!!! see how that looks!!!!
its all my neighbours fault, he's dead when i see him ! LOL

the only thing i would change is the red rings but hey would'nt it be a boring car scene if nobody did anything different ,

Very good point that mate, i remember someone posted pics of i white avant with (if i remember correctly) PINK wheels!!!!
which should have looked ridiculous, but somehow, it looked sorta cool!!!
perhaps it was because you know its a one-off !!! dunno?????

IMHO, it's the subtle things that leave the biggest impression.
Silver wheels and red rings mayb? Also, de-badging the rear including the S-line badge will definitely improve the look as the B6 S-lines don't have front or rear S-line badges.
On the other hand, if you wanna keep the black wheels, then as mentioned earlier, get rid of all the chrome and get a joey mod to finish it off.
Oh, and definitely a pair of pressed plates with german frame.

Last edited:
they just dont get it though, do they pal????
im beginning to think, gay is the way!, cus a bloke would agree with yer ! PMSL!

FOR ALL THOSE WITH ZERO SENSE OF HUMOUR,,, THAT WAS A JOKE,,, I AM IN NO WAY CLARKE KENT!
AND I AINT BEHIND WITH THE RENT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFBO !

Thou protesteth to much me thinks lol

Jay

The car looks pretty tidy to me. The only thing I'd do would be to change to either standard or pressed plates and get id of the red rings on the alloys. I think the gunmetal suits though.

I think the wheels are too dark and too me looks like you done it yourself. If I owned it, would be the first thing to go. And the rings on the plate.

Can't say I see anything wrong with the front though. Looks ok otherwise except for that sline badge at the rear.

i'm not a fan of dark wheels, even though i ran then on my car (just through winter as i bought them that colour),

you lose all the shape of the wheel when they are darker i think,

do the wheels silver, lose the lcr splitter & lower it ;)

the splittters definately going mate, only looks good from dead on front in my honest opinion!!!
just had a quote of £50 a wheel, for the colour change??? does that sound good ??????????

he says, they strip the wheel back to metal , sand blast, then powder coat the wheels, and laquer before re fitting the tyres and re ballancing !!!!
sounds like a fair bit of work to me !!!

Sounds about right for a refurb/colour change as well as removing and refitting the tyres.

Thought about keeping the inner wheel grey but the spokes silver?

I'd lose the red rings, change the wheel colour too. I'd go for a colour between what they are now and silver, a slight gun metal silver? I'm not keen when wheels are too silver, they look too pale in my opinion. I'm 50/50 about the splitter.

I'd get bog standard plates too, with no other details on them if poss. Literally just the registration letters and numbers. None of this "GB" crap they have on the left side or the postcode and address of the place that made them.

If it was mine too i'd lose the A4, S-Line and 1.9 TDI badges from the rear also, but then I like them debadged.

However, I do love the colour, door blades, tints, and wheel style (just not colour). Rear spoiler is REALLY nice too. It's a gorgeous car mate, i'd just do a few things differently. Of course, look at my car and see it's completely standard...so i'm definitely not into modding my own, just spending others money hehe.

Keep us all informed with what you do.

I think you were on the right track with your original post.

Lose the dark wheels, just STD colour ones will be fine. Lose the S-Line badge from the rear, and change the plates, and bobs your uncle.

I think the key to modding Audi's generally is to keep it subtle and understated.

It isn't a Corsa/Saxo etc!

Of course, that isn't to say I haven't gone 'wow' when I've seen some of the fantastic heavily modded cars at places like Audi International, but show cars are a different thing to daily drivers I think.

In a show or track day environment, modded cars look great, on the street driving to work, a lot of them look daft...

All IMHO of course! :)

I'm having a real turn around on dark wheels now! Those B5 RS4 reps are lovely wheels, and their definition is shown up much more in silver, so much detail is lost with them being dark.

I'd go silver and dechrome the grille still, and you never know the splitter might fall into place then?

Just when I was set to do my RS6's anthracite :banghead:

still need to beat it with the lowering stick! ;)

not everyone can run too low though. any lower than audi factory "sport" low and I'd have ripped bits off by now.

the splittters definately going mate, only looks good from dead on front in my honest opinion!!!
just had a quote of £50 a wheel, for the colour change??? does that sound good ??????????

he says, they strip the wheel back to metal , sand blast, then powder coat the wheels, and laquer before re fitting the tyres and re ballancing !!!!
sounds like a fair bit of work to me !!!

I've been getting quotes for referb and powdercoat and they are all coming back at around £200+vat for a set of 4 without tyres fitted, so looks like £50 a wheel is about right,i am in the south of England though and prices do seem a little cheaper in the midlands but still not worth sending them up there.

not everyone can run too low though. any lower than audi factory "sport" low and I'd have ripped bits off by now.

lol, i understand why you can't go any lower. if i stayed there i wouldn't be low either

Lowering is a very subjective thing, for both practical and aesthetic reasons. Personally I think Sport setup is low enough in the majority of situations, maybe a further drop of 10-15mm especially on the front is desirable, but any more becomes counter productive in my opinion.