Honeycomb grill installed with pics!

wez3570

Reaction score
After seeing MattAndrew's RS6 front grill mod I decided I might have a go at doing the same.

Having spent ages looking for a reasonably priced RS6 I realised it was going to be a very expensive mod.

Fortunately I came across a seller on ebay that had something similar for a fraction of the price!

Got it installed today, just a few quick pics taken on my iPhone.

Will be doing a photo session soon with some proper camera equipment, just need to find the right location.

Until then....

IMG_25081.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

I'm more than happy with it to say it was a budget option!

Reactions: Paullie and quattro81
Looks good :) I think I'd prefer it with the rings in black though

So is this a honeycomb grill bought as a honey comb grill or have you modded a normal grill to accept the honeycomb?

So is this a honeycomb grill bought as a honey comb grill or have you modded a normal grill to accept the honeycomb?

Comes as you see. Without the black paint and silver rings

i kinda like it the way it is... but then i would say loose the optics grill and have it with the chrome edge and chrome rings... that way it has a little offset... not really a big fan of black optics on a black audi... always thought the optics grills suite the reds and whites.

I like it dude.. Just as it is! Black on black, with just the rings standing out, perfect in my book:wub:

Nice job that man..:thumbsup:

Agreed, black rings would be OTT imho, nice to have contrast on the grill.

Wont fit an S3 :(

Reactions: JoshRowell and brough74
That looks absoutely top notch, Wez!! I think you did right sticking with the chrome rings and wouldn't change a bit of it. Top modding as always, Fella! :wub: xx

i dont understand why they say it wont fit an S-line A3? they are the same shape bumpers as the sport model! the S3 yes is smaller so that makes sense...

tempting mod this... just thinking if i want to ditch my black S3 grill for that?

Looks good fella:thumbsup: suprised no one else on here has bought one yet. I put a link in the ebay thread a few weeks ago about these. As i thought they looked pretty good.

i dont understand why they say it wont fit an S-line A3? they are the same shape bumpers as the sport model! the S3 yes is smaller so that makes sense...

tempting mod this... just thinking if i want to ditch my black S3 grill for that?

If you do i'll have your old S3 grille :)
They are dumb lol thats the only excuse i can think of. Tried telling a guy on ebay not long ago that there grilles would fit an s-line. His reply he tried to fit it and it was too big! :lmfao:

Looks good fella:thumbsup: suprised no one else on here has bought one yet. I put a link in the ebay thread a few weeks ago about these. As i thought they looked pretty good.

If you do i'll have your old S3 grille :)
They are dumb lol thats the only excuse i can think of. Tried telling a guy on ebay not long ago that there grilles would fit an s-line. His reply he tried to fit it and it was too big! :lmfao:

the S3 FK grill on mine is nice but is starting to flake a bit at the bottom and has the typical stone chips on the grill though not that noticeable unless you actually look for it, If you have a close look at the bottom of the grill by the middle slats you can see the flaky bit

1f2c982f.jpg

i am planning on masking off the chrome and respraying the grill black but am finding it hard to find the time right now. might have the bodyshop respray it when the car goes in to get the door repaired and the front bumper resprayed.

I am still a bit on the fence about the Honeycomb grill as it looks nice but then does not match the fogs at all... would love to have the fog grills honeycomb too!

That looks absoutely top notch, Wez!! I think you did right sticking with the chrome rings and wouldn't change a bit of it. Top modding as always, Fella! :wub: xx

Thanks for that Paullie, knowing how well yours looks....it means a lot. x

I am still a bit on the fence about the Honeycomb grill as it looks nice but then does not match the fogs at all... would love to have the fog grills honeycomb too!

I agree about the fog surrounds.

It's something I'm looking into :shutup2:

ooo now im getting interested! :sex:

It has been done already, can't remember where I've seen it.

It's similar to the 8P3 S3 fog surrounds, where the honeycomb is behind the plastic bar.

Still trying to work out if there's a different option though, more similar to the 8P2 S3:think:

I got one and fits fine on the s line bumper, waiting for rims to be fitted before i put pics up

Looks Sweet that pal I was watching it on eBay and was going to buy it the day after You bought it i presume Lol so ive bought the one with the Chrome surround but will get it sprayed or wrapped.

Looks Sweet that pal I was watching it on eBay and was going to buy it the day after You bought it i presume Lol so ive bought the one with the Chrome surround but will get it sprayed or wrapped.

What colour is your car?

I like it,black rings make it into a big hole at the front inmho

I like it,black rings make it into a big hole at the front inmho

I think it does work on some colours, red for instance looks smart with a black surround and black rings.

I photoshopped mine with black rings to see how it would look but it just looked like I'd forgotten to put the front badge on!

What's thoughts on a Quattro or S Line badge on the grill?