Honeycomb Grill - need some help on fitting

samucachang

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed the honeycomb grill and the fitting didn't go so well. I actually paid someone to do it. I for sure think that the bumper is offset compare to the hood. Can you guys help me out.

Also he painted my lower fog lights grill on the color of the car, someone that I don't like it. I want him to paint black piano to match the color of the grill and not the car.

Here are some pictures.

Also could someone please post pictures(close by) of their hoods so I show the person that the hood is not offset and that he messed
IMG 0827 copy
IMG 0826 copy
IMG 0825 copy
IMG 0824
IMG 0823
up.

Thanks a lot people

Sorry to say it but it looks a mess. The bonnet should be flush to the grill. I can't work out what the guy has done but he hasn't done it properly. Was this an 8V S3 grill? Has he also removed the s-line badges from the wings or did you pay for xenon lights?

Here's mine after vinyl wrapping the chrome. I'm afraid yours looks quite off.
Uploadfromtaptalk1425419360075

Uploadfromtaptalk1425419311259

Reactions: Steph67
@Redgrouse my car is back at the shop, his redoing and painting the fog lights grill back to black. He is reinstalling the bumper since he knows is messed up. It's a replica of a RS3 grill fitted on a 1.8t tsfi. We don't have the 's-line' in Brazil. Xenon comes as standard here. @Don76 thanks a lot, I should've done it myself.

I have exactly the same bonnet over hang on my 2013 A3, not modified at all. I thought someone had hit my bumper at first, but in daylight its all fine. Pretty sure that's normal.

Hey guys, just picked up my car. He adjust the grill and now it looks 'stock' and he also painted the fog lights grill to black matching the grill. Looks much better.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    815.3 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    707.2 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    724.7 KB · Views: 431
There are quite a few adjustments that can be made.. All aftermarket honeycombe grilles do sit a little lower though at top

Looks much better now! Perhaps some gloss black vinyl for the chrome surround would finish it off a treat?

Already quoting #nvm Hehe, wife liked the chrome but black would look great

Glad you got it sorted, both the red paint and fit was terrible! #

It looks great now but chrome has no place on anything post 1989 or a Jaguar! S/RS should be black or brushed aluminium only.

Wrapped it myself whilst grill was still on car. A little more tricky, but didn't fancy taking the front bumper off.

I'm just about to do mine now, but didn't know if I should remove it or not! I'll give it a go here with it still attached and see how I get on :)
Good luck fella. Be sure to show us the results.

I found it really useful to watch a few YouTube videos beforehand to give me a rough idea.

Good luck fella. Be sure to show us the results.

I found it really useful to watch a few YouTube videos beforehand to give me a rough idea.

I gave up in the end. I had it done 99% perfectly, then lifted an edge to smooth out a little air bubble and the vinyl ripped :( I didn't have any more black left to try again :(

I gave up in the end. I had it done 99% perfectly, then lifted an edge to smooth out a little air bubble and the vinyl ripped :( I didn't have any more black left to try again :(
Ah, gutted fella. Mine did the same but I just added a small patch. You only notice it if your within a foot of the grill (which is never)

I know it'd be hard to see, but I'm crazy ocd with everything so it'd annoy me. Got it booked in for this coming Friday with my friend for him to wrap it and the window surrounds too