Honeycomb Grill Swap for S3 8V (2015 with Parking sensors and ACC)

Craiggallan

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting on this.
I am looking at swapping the standard S3 grill on my car to the RS3 honeycomb... however I cant seem to find any that have the holes for the Parking Sensors, or the slot for the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

Preferably I would like to have the Black Honeycomb grill, with S3 badges, and the lower Quattro sign... however I think that because that is where the ACC is, it wouldn't work out right?

My questions are therefore;
Has anyone with an 8V with Parking Sensors and ACC done a Grill swap before? If so, what one should I buy?
If I bought the Quattro variant, would obscuring the sensor stop the ACC and Cruise Control from working?

For reference, I have included a photo of mine here;
Front Bumper

Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig :)

Reactions: JoeyBoi and JonnyS3
Couple of points from me...

I’ve got a pfl S3 but don’t have front park sensors or ACC so can’t give you the full answer. @creweaudiparts can likely help you as they did with me - I got an RS3 grille from them.

But it obv doesn’t have an s3 badge and I’ve not found a good way of doing it - so currently running without an s3 badge. The mounting mechanism for honeycomb and the original grille is different.

5B13691F B5E8 440D BAF7 E259D79438A8

I do suspect the parking sensors bit is easy however I seem to remember from googling many folk need to fudge a cut out of the grille for ACC

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ps also see you’re in Scotland. Welcome.
Where abouts ?

Thanks for the response, after looking at this from a while I have seen conflicting comments from other people on other threads and wanted to get to the bottom of it before I end up ordering the wrong parts.
Yeah from what I can see, I should be able to get one with the Parking sensors easily, but cant find any with the proper cut-out for the ACC... Don't think the RS3 had this as an option... so might need to cut this bit out.

Car looks amazing btw, did you de-chrome the right and left intakes yourself?
And Im in the Lanarkshire area... yourself?

Thanks.

Thanks for the response, after looking at this from a while I have seen conflicting comments from other people on other threads and wanted to get to the bottom of it before I end up ordering the wrong parts.
Yeah from what I can see, I should be able to get one with the Parking sensors easily, but cant find any with the proper cut-out for the ACC... Don't think the RS3 had this as an option... so might need to cut this bit out.

Car looks amazing btw, did you de-chrome the right and left intakes yourself?
And Im in the Lanarkshire area... yourself?

Thanks.

Just outside edinburgh.

Nah my wrapping skills certainly aren’t up to scratch so I had shore wraps in Glasgow do the side grille and also the piece at the top of the rear diffuser. Was done in a few hours and still looking good.

By the way I should say - I bought a grille from aliexpress but while it was being shipped I bottled it and bought OEM.

It’s never been on the car but was bought from a supplier which someone in the facelift thread in here used and said there was no issues.

If you wanted it to practice the ‘cut out’ I’m sure I could think of a price which would work - ie not close to the £140 odd I paid.

Hi Guys,

Appreciate it is 3.5 years later, but I am in the same predicament except I am the idiot who stupidly bought the new grill without realising the ACC would impact it. Audi have confirmed this cannot be removed (I don't particularly want/need it) so wondering how you got on with cutting it @Craiggallan? Seems to be my only option other than putting it back up for sale (I can't return it)

Hi Guys,

Appreciate it is 3.5 years later, but I am in the same predicament except I am the idiot who stupidly bought the new grill without realising the ACC would impact it. Audi have confirmed this cannot be removed (I don't particularly want/need it) so wondering how you got on with cutting it @Craiggallan? Seems to be my only option other than putting it back up for sale (I can't return it)
I originally cut it myself but it looked hacked and the look didn't belong on this car so I took it to a local body shop to get the edges smoothened and blacked out.

Attachments

• 20160513_182041.jpg
    20160513_182041.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 260
  • 20160513_200118_resized.jpg
    20160513_200118_resized.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 319
  • little_1518646090333.jpg
    little_1518646090333.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: Geerey and GGP
I originally cut it myself but it looked hacked and the look didn't belong on this car so I took it to a local body shop to get the edges smoothened and blacked out.
Thank you. Looks good and I'm going to give it a go. Assume everything was all good with the ACC? No lights, warnings or anything?

Hey mate, could you send the link for the grill you brought? Going to attempt to the cutout too. Thanks!