House Burgled - Car Stolen

Tommmygunnn

Reaction score
Last night my house was burgled and car stolen from driveway along with keys, wallet, spare key, headphones, ipad etc etc. Annoying as had new clutch and flywheel fitted yesterday was looking forward to a drive today!! I hope it gets found in safe condition anyway.

Stolen from York, Layerthrope area if anyone spotted it last night/this morning.

Reg - TC57 AJC

Absolute scum bags.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you get it back asap!
I've been through similar and its not a nice feeling...

Mike

Bunch of lowlife ***** i had my bimmer stolen infront of my house and insurance never paid up hopefully yours wont cause to muck bother good luck

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Aslong as you and your family are ok. That's all that matters. Car can be replaced.

Me personally I wouldn't want it back as they could have done anything to it but that's just me.

Reactions: Tj 0785
Does it not seem a bit coincidental you have the work carried out on your car and it goes missing that evening?

I always wonder what access some of the mechanics have to personal details. A lot of mechanics aren’t well paid and it wouldn’t take much to share some address details for some of the nice cars they have pass through their garage

Gutted for you. I have been there too and it’s not nice.

Took me and the wife quite some time to feel comfortable in the house again.

Also made me rethink about vehicles (Golf GTI stolen) as for the two years after I ran a Suzuki Swift Sport but then I though why should those ******** win.

Yeah I thought it was very dodgy also for a few days but later found out that the same night a house at the end of our street was also burgled before mine but only for money and random stuff like wallet/jewellery etc no cars attempted stolen so makes me think it was more an opportunist. I've used the same garage a number of times and feel like I trust them. Still find it a bit wierd so won't be using them again.

Since then have had CCTV fitted, new car (S3 8P) will fit in the garage now, and have bought a stop lock pro for the steering wheel. A bit over the top maybe, but can't be ***** going through all that again!

Reactions: Gazwould
Feel for ya mate.

One thing though, if your going to use a stop lock, don't leave the key on you car key ring !!!!!.

Reactions: Tommmygunnn and Tj 0785