How are you going to stop the baddies taking your new RS3?

Just spoke to my supplying dealer, they asked if I needed a Tracker, I said no I will probably get a Ghost system fitted.

The reply was ''We had a customer who fitted one and because it interfeeres with the Cars electrical system Audi cancelled his warranty''

Best do a little homework before fitting one I suggest
Audi would / should not even know to be fair as it has valet mode for when in for a service.

TX.

Reactions: RS03??? and 5pot
Just spoke to my supplying dealer, they asked if I needed a Tracker, I said no I will probably get a Ghost system fitted.

The reply was ''We had a customer who fitted one and because it interfeeres with the Cars electrical system Audi cancelled his warranty''

That sounds like a very salty salesman saying that out of badness that he couldn't sell you a tracker..biggest pile of ***** i've ever heard lol.

Reactions: abmat, Mike.46 and 5pot
Just passing on what I have been told....................... I did hear that the Ghost system can interfere with the Audi diagnostics which I guess becasue of how it works is feasable

On the 8V the tell tale sign was the VC (17) had canbus error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike.46
Audi would / should not even know to be fair as it has valet mode for when in for a service.

TX.
Ghost2 was removed when my 8V was to be sold. While being removed, the chap mentioned Audi and other Manufacturers are locking the canbus from any non-oem devices, as it interferes with workshop schedule, as "few" are not put into valet mode.

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Ghost2 was removed when my 8V was to be sold. While being removed, the chap mentioned Audi and other Manufacturers are locking the canbus from any non-oem devices, as it interferes with workshop schedule, as "few" are not put into valet mode.
What a load of rubbish , well my ghost1 has been in both our cars and both have had warranty work with no issues

Valet mode or not it still causes errors in the canbus that don’t go away even when cleared.
It all depends what Odis S logs when scanning the car, any information is sent to Audi mothership on a warranty issue.

I want to get a Ghost for mine. Struggling to find any reputable installers in my area (south beds/herts). Google doesn’t give very much back when i search and most installers all seem to be up north…
John Kleis in Reading Berkshire isn’t too far I guess and they’ve done hundreds if not thousands of ghost installs over the past few years

Valet mode or not it still causes errors in the canbus that don’t go away even when cleared.
It all depends what Odis S logs when scanning the car, any information is sent to Audi mothership on a warranty issue.

I think that is the issue when the car connects to Audi DE through the diagnostics, I'm not 100% sure I was told the full story, it was on an RS car, I do wonder whether the car had also been mapped as well, so many RS6/7 mapped these days,

I will contact Audi UK customer services/tech support and get the truth from them,

I think that is the issue when the car connects to Audi DE through the diagnostics, I'm not 100% sure I was told the full story, it was on an RS car, I do wonder whether the car had also been mapped as well, so many RS6/7 mapped these days,

I will contact Audi UK customer services/tech support and get the truth from them,

It’s called a ‘suspicion check’.

Have seen this pop up loads of times as Odis S works away on a car. (When assisting DJAlix)

Reactions: RS03??? and Mike.46
It’s called a ‘suspicion check’.

Have seen this pop up loads of times as Odis S works away on a car. (When assisting DJAlix)

I reckon it's Archie Hamiltons fault :)

Poppy ****. Just spoken to my mate who is an approved installer and he’s says it won’t. He’s done plenty of New Golf R’s and S3’s with no issue. They use the same systems.

I would question that it was the method of installation that caused the issue and not the unit itself.

Poppy ****. Just spoken to my mate who is an approved installer and he’s says it won’t. He’s done plenty of New Golf R’s and S3’s with no issue. They use the same systems.

I would question that it was the method of installation that caused the issue and not the unit itself.
I honestly dont know, I will speak to Audi UK and get it in writing if they're ok with it

I also picked up (dont know how true) that the 'baddies' can get around Ghost now, just this on going game, Audi lock the ecu to prevent tuners and the tuners 'eventually' get around it, why would a ghost system be any different?

I honestly dont know, I will speak to Audi UK and get it in writing if they're ok with it

I also picked up (dont know how true) that the 'baddies' can get around Ghost now, just this on going game, Audi lock the ecu to prevent tuners and the tuners 'eventually' get around it, why would a ghost system be any different?
Just spoke to Audi UK...................a Ghost system WILL void your warranty as it is not Audi approved :(

Reactions: 8YARWY and RS03???
Just spoke to Audi UK...................a Ghost system WILL void your warranty as it is not Audi approved :(
I've used it on the RS3 and 4, the M5 and the M2 for peace of mind. I will happily duke it out with Audi if they fancy voiding my warranty due to a security device.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5pot
I was told by my dealer I could fit what I wanted as long as it was done by an approved installer.

I've used it on the RS3 and 4, the M5 and the M2 for peace of mind. I will happily duke it out with Audi if they fancy voiding my warranty due to a security device.

TX.

Good luck with that

I'm just the messenger here, I didnt believe my dealer so phoned Audi Customer Services expecting to be put through to Technical back up, but he was straight on the ball and knew all about it

Dont forget these modern cars can update when parked up, I imagine anything attached to the can bus system could screw things up

Reactions: 8YARWY
I was told by my dealer I could fit what I wanted as long as it was done by an approved installer.

And your beieving your dealer after all the crap that has gone on here around Car orders and selling underhand for huge profits?

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
And your beieving your dealer after all the crap that has gone on here around Car orders and selling underhand for huge profits?

Makes me laugh that people think Audi dealers ‘have their backs’ should an issue arise……

Good luck with that

I'm just the messenger here, I didnt believe my dealer so phoned Audi Customer Services expecting to be put through to Technical back up, but he was straight on the ball and knew all about it

Dont forget these modern cars can update when parked up, I imagine anything attached to the can bus system could screw things up
What are you saying though? You think that if I go in there with a faulty headlight they will say sorry mate you have Ghost fitted!

TX.

What are you saying though? You think that if I go in there with a faulty headlight they will say sorry mate you have Ghost fitted!

TX.
Who knows tbh? I doubt that, but, If you go there because of a software fault (and just look on the A3/S3 part of the forum, these cars can update minor software changes whilst your fast asleep at night) you may get ''Your car wasnt able to have the software updated because the diagnostic picked up a can bus fault'' Audi DE says this is due to unauthorised non Audi approved electronic device and have voided your warranty

Gap insurance nowt else
Went to look at our carbon today ahead of prep and VAG are replacing it with something called VVC or something sounds good £700 for three years. List price +5% in year 1, 10+ in year 2 and 15% in year 3

Went to look at our carbon today ahead of prep and VAG are replacing it with something called VVC or something sounds good £700 for three years. List price +5% in year 1, 10+ in year 2 and 15% in year 3
Dont forget some/most insurance companies will pay out the list price if your car is damaged/written off/stolen within the first 12 months, you could be 'double insuring it' and theyll only pay the once

Any faraday box recommendations. Mixed reviews on Amazon saying some don’t work.
Somebody suggested you put your mobile phone in a faraday bag and then ring the number,….. if it doesn’t ring it’s done it’s job. I guess it kind of makes sense ……. Thoughts ??

Dont forget some/most insurance companies will pay out the list price if your car is damaged/written off/stolen within the first 12 months, you could be 'double insuring it' and theyll only pay the once
Just looked as I have just changed my policy to RS3, From my Insurance policy...............

✔ Two year ‘new for old’ cover – if your vehicle is written off, you’ve owned it from new and it’s up to a year old, we’ll replace it with a new one. Vehicles between 1 and 2 years have a 12,000 mile restriction

Reactions: Terminator x
Just looked as I have just changed my policy to RS3, From my Insurance policy...............

Two year ‘new for old’ cover – if your vehicle is written off, you’ve owned it from new and it’s up to a year old, we’ll replace it with a new one. Vehicles between 1 and 2 years have a 12,000 mile restriction

Wonder how an over priced one would fair, defo need a gap to cover the shortfall.

Reactions: Terminator x and Mike.46
Wonder how an over priced one would fair, defo need a gap to cover the shortfall.

Most just pay to invoice, unless you pay extra, eg: 3 year 'invoice price' £315, 3 year 'new car price' £351

JFI, Ghost immobilisors are made in Russia...............................

Made in Russia, wtf!

TX.

Made in Russia, wtf!

TX.

Yes, Russia ***, spoke to a tracker supplier he said he can get them but now cant pay for them.
He also took a car with Ghost fitted to show the Audi dealer that the Ghost involves no cutting of wiring, apparently it just loops around the can bus wires, dealer agreed with him, but it's not the dealer voiding warranty.

Also on the GAP stuff you can take a 'list price/New car' GAP out providing the car is less than 180 days old, so if your insurance covers you for a new car you could leave the gap until 180 (a few less for safety) and then take a 3 yr policy out and effectively cover your car for GAP for 3.5 years for the price of 3 years

Any faraday box recommendations. Mixed reviews on Amazon saying some don’t work.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 8Y keys 'turn off' after a set time of not being moved so that thieves can't use relay attacks to steal the car. Seem to recall reading it somewhere but could be a different car or something.

Reactions: Wack0jack0, abmat and Mike.46
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 8Y keys 'turn off' after a set time of not being moved so that thieves can't use relay attacks to steal the car. Seem to recall reading it somewhere but could be a different car or something.
I also read that, I'll have to take my key out of my pocket when at home :)

Reactions: Daggerit

They use signal distance measuring too

IMG 8055

Reactions: Terminator x, Daggerit, Mike.46 and 1 other person
The distance measuring doesnt mention how that stops the theifs signal boosting though? A few VW owners (they have that function as well) were complaining that their cars headlights kept coming on in the driveway, they thought it was another software gltch but turned out to be this function obviously just on the edge of turning the ''turn on lights when approaching car'' function

Reactions: 8YARWY
The distance measuring doesnt mention how that stops the theifs signal boosting though? A few VW owners (they have that function as well) were complaining that their cars headlights kept coming on in the driveway, they thought it was another software gltch but turned out to be this function obviously just on the edge of turning the ''turn on lights when approaching car'' function

It’s twofold I suspect
One the key is asleep anyway and two the distance the signal is in ‘flight’ would be different on a relay attack, they’d never know the exact place to be in, as in the info above they say it’s pretty accurate.

Hogwarts sells invisibility cloaks on the 3rd Sunday of every 7th month on even years.