How can I find out the manufacturing batch/date of the new S3?

kinson

Reaction score
Hi! Need some help/advice...

With the Chassis and Engine Number how can I find out the manufacturing batch/week of the S3? I was told my new S3 was made in 2009 wk.8 (i.e. Feb/Mar) but I have yet to collect the car and I am starting to doubt if the salesman is telling the truth...:think: :think: :think:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Last edited:

With the Chassis and Engine Number how can I find out the manufacturing batch/week of the S3? I was told my new S3 was made in 2009 wk.8 (i.e. Feb/Mar) but I have yet to collect the car and I am starting to doubt if the salesman is telling the truth...:think: :think: :think:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

The month and year of production can be determined by reference to the various tables in the ETKA parts catalogue software. I have a copy, so if you would like to send me a PM with your the VIN/Chassis number I should be able to tell you.

In the service schedule booklet there a printed page inside the front sleeve that could well have the manufacture date on.

There used to be a very comprehensive Audi/VW VIN decoder at http://www.oilshop.ro

It seems to have been taken down now, but I remember putting the VIN for our GTI in there and it came back with four pages of stuff, including the time and date of manufacture and all the specs of the car (colour, trim, options etc).

It was very cool. If anyone knows of another similar decoder I'd love to know.

:thumbsup:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

It seems like salesman is correct. That particular car was built between 31 January 2009 and 28 February 2009. Week 8/2009 for Audi was week beginning 16 February 2009, so it all seems to tie up correctly.

The ETKA software is full of useful information apart from the normal part numbers.

It seems like salesman is correct. That particular car was built between 31 January 2009 and 28 February 2009. Week 8/2009 for Audi was week beginning 16 February 2009, so it all seems to tie up correctly.

The ETKA software is full of useful information apart from the normal part numbers.

Thanks so much, mate! wonder where the ETKA software can be dowloaded?

Thanks so much, mate! wonder where the ETKA software can be dowloaded?

Do a search on eBay and you should find some copies for sale. If you do purchase a copy it can be kept up-to-date using a website www.myTouareg.info

There is also another program called ELSAWIN which is the electronic workshop manual as used by dealers. The latest version available seems to be 3.61 and again copies are offered for sale on eBay.

Sometimes both pieces of software are offered together.