How can I get biro out of the alacantara

Smarter carper

Reaction score
I've just found some blue biro pen marks on the alcantara interior any advice on getting it out??

Try a small amount of Vanish carpet cleaner, blob it on, leave around a minute and dab it off with a damp cloth.
I have also heard hairspray is good for getting stains off suede, no idea how true it is though, I would go with the vanish method.

Reactions: Smarter carper
Brilliant I will give it a go and I'll add a before and after shot, thanks for the reply

Hi guys I've not tried it yet as ive really been waiting for some sun so I can dry the interior after I wash it, I may try to remove it today so will add a before and after shot

The photos don't show ho bad it is but gives you an idea.
I'm off to get some vanish and Mabel a can of hair spray lol
I will put some pictures up if it goes well

That looks like the work of a small child. Have you just noticed that it looks very obvious.

Karl.

Previous owners pen and most definatly a small child's work, I've not had the car long and it's on my to do list
I did manage a full detail and extra gloss protection yesturday and I'm doing the inside today

Last edited:
This lot cost a little over a fiver I've used the Vanish fabric stain remover first and scrubbed it with the tooth brush and I can't see it at all but will wait until it's dry before going any further or trying the hairspray

Feels dry to the touch and I cannot see the biro although I can see where the Vanish went on so may have to treat the whole area

On cleaning alcantara, my manual states to use meths diluted with warm water, and not to use solvents, wax polish (?) shoe cream(?) stain removers, and leather cleaning products.