How can I protect the piano plastic around the gear shifter?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does any of you have any good ideas how to protect the piano plastic on the centre console (around the automatic gear shifter)?

Can this bought and replaced if I want in the future?

Am pretty sure no matter how hard I try to protect it, it will be full of scratches in the future.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Does any of you have any good ideas how to protect the piano plastic on the centre console (around the automatic gear shifter)?

Am pretty sure no matter how hard I try to protect it, it will be full of scratches in the future.

Thank you

Yes you will be able to buy a replacement but will scratch just as easy. I was thinking of a clear vinyl wrap if it’s available. Might have to be PPF as if that’s marked you apply a little heat and it self repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Thank you
Hey Marinos,
From your name i hope you are from Greece as me? kinldy send me a pm if so :)

about center console as S3 TRS said wrap it with a Clear vinyl. I added PPF film from Xpel in whole car at APR Greece and they putted PPF film on MMI console and gear console as well. Love it cos it will keep scratches away plus doesnt need to much cleaning of fingerprints as without film.

Reactions: Marinos Demetriou
Hey Marinos,
From your name i hope you are from Greece as me? kinldy send me a pm if so :)

about center console as S3 TRS said wrap it with a Clear vinyl. I added PPF film from Xpel in whole car at APR Greece and they putted PPF film on MMI console and gear console as well. Love it cos it will keep scratches away plus doesnt need to much cleaning of fingerprints as without film.
Γεία σου φίλε!

I live in Cyprus. Thank you for your reply.