How desperate or concerned are the dealers currently?

BeagleKCH

Reaction score
I am a year into my PCP and when I bought the car was advised that they would contact me 20 months or so in to the PCP, with a view to trying to get me into a new vehicle. I am perfectly happy with my A4, and a like for like replacement would cost me rather more, due to price rises / exchange rate changes since last September. My current car costs me £30 to tax. A replacement like for like would cost me £140 in year 1 and £450 in years 2 to 5. I have no experience in changing vehicles mid way through a PCP. I see that new car sales have been sharply down since April (by 9% or so monthly apparently). I would be grateful to hear of others' experience in this situation. What sort of deals have you been offered? How much fat on the bone have the dealers got in the current climate?

I am a year into my PCP and when I bought the car was advised that they would contact me 20 months or so in to the PCP, with a view to trying to get me into a new vehicle. I am perfectly happy with my A4, and a like for like replacement would cost me rather more, due to price rises / exchange rate changes since last September. My current car costs me £30 to tax. A replacement like for like would cost me £140 in year 1 and £450 in years 2 to 5. I have no experience in changing vehicles mid way through a PCP. I see that new car sales have been sharply down since April (by 9% or so monthly apparently). I would be grateful to hear of others' experience in this situation. What sort of deals have you been offered? How much fat on the bone have the dealers got in the current climate?

Think you'll find the numbers have all been revised. - outlook not so bleak... according to news today. You are at a good time to strike a deal in q4 as the new reg comes out in q3 , leaving a gap in q4....

Reactions: BeagleKCH
Am I missing something here...what on earth is q4 and q3?

Also worth noting i'm 99% sure that £450 a year tax is the first 5 years so would also include year 1 although its included in cost of car for OTR price

The first year of a car's life is included in the registration costs, so you don't have to worry so much about that. Mine is something like £850 for the first year but included in the cost I'm paying to Audi so I won't actually have to tax the vehicle until September 2018.

Also worth noting i'm 99% sure that £450 a year tax is the first 5 years so would also include year 1 although its included in cost of car for OTR price
My understanding is that for vehicles costing more than £40,000, year one is £140 and years 2 to 5 are £450 (£140 plus £310).

From the DVLA website for my S4... Note that the * next to the £140 is basically saying I'll have the £310 premium added on as well.

Upload 2017 8 25 11 46 12