How do i remove the inner plastics/carpet from my avant boot lid

gtvlew

Reaction score
As above folks, i am worried i will snap the plastic surround , how does the carpet lower section come off aswell ,cheers Gary

With great difficulty! It's all one piece if I remember correctly but keep tugging and the clips should give.

There are 4 screws to start with, 2 visible and two inside the triangle holder iirc.

Undo those, then the carpet part should be hanging a little. After that, it's a case of un-popping a few of the metal clips holding it to the bootlid. Eventually, it will be hanging from the back, at which point trial and error with a little force to unhook it

thank you :yahoo:

There are 4 screws to start with, 2 visible and two inside the triangle holder iirc.

Undo those, then the carpet part should be hanging a little. After that, it's a case of un-popping a few of the metal clips holding it to the bootlid. Eventually, it will be hanging from the back, at which point trial and error with a little force to unhook it

To give you a heads up at the edge next to the screen at each corner is two little clips which are a pain . All there are is where the lower trim hooks over the upper trim. Try to lightly hook them away and the trim should come off ok.

The best advice is to pull firmly, but gently (?) AS CLOSE to the clip as possible.

the clips are metal so don't be scared of breaking them, just good sharp tug ;)

The clips are metal yes, but they only slot into an open plastic slot on the plastic cover, and it doesn't take much to break that.

I second all that is said above it is a biatch as I had to replace my wiper motor and you need to give it a good old pull, try and get your hands in there and prise it by the clips the toughest part is the bit along the rear window its a ****** to get off, then trying to align them up when putting it back all I can say is thank gawd for the screws.