How do i update my RNS-E Software version to 0650

Munteanoo

Reaction score
Ok, so I know this question has been answered probably a thousand times, but I read multiple posts and I am confused
I installed my 32 pin BT Adapter behind my mk.1 unit today, but it doesn't show up in my CD/DVD Source menu. I know I need to have SW0650 in order for it to work, but I dont know how to go about updating it from 0550, my current version.
No, I can't find anyone locally to update it, I have asked around my town and no one seems to know how to do it
Do I need a special DVD to update it, or will just inserting a 2019 Updated Maps DVD do the trick?

Reactions: Alexttt
Hi, the maps dvd from 2009 up carry the same latest software

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi, the maps dvd from 2009 up carry the same latest software

OK, so all I need to do is put an updated map DVD in and it should do the trick
I wanted to buy 3 navi dvd's off of OLX ( like ebay, but Romanian ) but the guy said he had to update the sw separately otherwise they wont work, but id have to take the car to him, which i cant since he is too far away from me

If it's original dvd it should work without problem, copies sometimes can be funny about it but each map dvd has a software on it

Insert dvd, it will auto update, if not do a manual reset, should update then, auxin has to be coded to work & a reset after coding will show up under sources.

Ok, so I know this question has been answered probably a thousand times, but I read multiple posts and I am confused
I installed my 32 pin BT Adapter behind my mk.1 unit today, but it doesn't show up in my CD/DVD Source menu. I know I need to have SW0650 in order for it to work, but I dont know how to go about updating it from 0550, my current version.
No, I can't find anyone locally to update it, I have asked around my town and no one seems to know how to do it
Do I need a special DVD to update it, or will just inserting a 2019 Updated Maps DVD do the trick?
Salut!

Needs updating, coding & restarted to make it show up.

Whereabouts are you located?

Hi, I’ve put a 2010 disk into my car after having the Aux coded in. However the software is at SW0220, and in media all I can see is “aux external Audi source” no Aux in. Where have I gone wrong? Thanks :)
The answer is in this post, you need SW0650, so you need a later disk.