How do you deal with the waiting?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
So I ordered a fully loaded S3 :thumbs up: and have to wait 3 months for it but I have no idea how that period is going to end. Will I forget about the car or be reminded about it every day.

Any tips and/or experiences you'd like to share?

Cheers!

So I ordered a fully loaded S3 :thumbs up: and have to wait 3 months for it but I have no idea how that period is going to end. Will I forget about the car or be reminded about it every day.

Any tips and/or experiences you'd like to share?

Cheers!

Spent all of my wait on here reading about it. Has flown by.

Pickup Friday.

Reactions: Sandra and Minion Bob!
You'll never forget about - thinking about it all the time!!
Almost certainly you will want to change the spec....though you suggest it's fully loaded. But I bet there's something to add. Or why not change the colour - lots do!!

you'll read every post and thread numerous times! watch every video on youtube and read every review in any language you can get your hands on!

But the waiting for you will end when you drive yours daily! It'll be 8 weeks from the last drive till the next one and because of where the car is and where I work it can be weeks between drives!

When you first order it seems like a lifetime away, I've been on here every day since and its flown by. Collecting mine tomorrow, can't wait! :D

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RYuill
This forum, YouTube and once I found out it was at Emden, Marine traffic lol.

I didn't tell my wife about it so time went VERY quick whilst I waited for the right time to break the news to her which was after a spa weekend and loads of other treats.

I still got a good ear bashing mind !!! .....

Reactions: sunscreemer, Minion Bob! and Simon L
I didn't tell my wife about it so time went VERY quick whilst I waited for the right time to break the news to her which was after a spa weekend and loads of other treats.

I still got a good ear bashing mind !!! .....

Like your style Rob, it's not just me then ;)

How do I deal with the waiting? ..................errr, at the moment very very badly to be honest :sorrow:

This place and youtube definitely help though :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Try forget! Goes quicker and everytime I don't think about it I seem to get an update from the dealer :D

Reactions: Simon L
Orded myself an A3 E-tron in the end of February, with almost everything extra of equipment.:kissmyrings: Now the waiting time is used "every day" on this site. On Youtube i have begun to see the videos over again.:help: And still i believe i don't get the E-tron before July. So if someone have other good Audi forums to recommend, than yes please.:thumbs up:

Last edited:
I ordered my A3 saloon early February, delivery is set for July... :sleeping: I am trying not to spend too much time reading about Audis but failing miserably! Have spent hours thinking about my colour choice (Amalfi white), even visited another dealer to look at their 2nd hand A3's as reference. But am very happy with it so no change required. Now need to think about something else...

(I could say that having a very busy work schedule has helped as it made the last two months fly by but this does not seem a very pleasurable way of spending the time! :lmfao:)

You will become addicted to this forum. Learn every tip and trick and dream about collection day. Do stuff like build a memory card with music and order cleaning products etc. We're all sad buggers on here so will keep you sane (or not).

Reactions: GrumpyEngineer, Simon L and Sandra
When you first order it seems like a lifetime away, I've been on here every day since and its flown by. Collecting mine tomorrow, can't wait! :D
Have fun on collection tomorrow Chris, we look forward to pics Enjoy. :) x

Yes "I'm expecting" too in July.....

Alcohol helps you forget apparently.....

Check out the Detailing forum and start assembling cleaning gear and potions. Once you get your car you'll want to keep it shiny like the ones in those YouTube videos!

Check out the Detailing forum and start assembling cleaning gear and potions. Once you get your car you'll want to keep it shiny like the ones in those YouTube videos!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that...

2mgr4wl.jpg

I am expecting mine sometimes in july as well so looks like lots of s3 will be delivered in july

I had to wait over 4 months for my S3 to be delivered and I forced myself not to think about it by expecting the worst, i.e it gets delayed - that helped the time go by for me.

'How do you deal with the waiting?'

By changing my order (& not just the spec.) three times ... :whistle2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: JohnM100, Blackwhite and Simon L
'How do you deal with the waiting?'

By changing my order (& not just the spec.) three times ... :whistle2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can actually change your order after having placed it?

I can see how waiting for so long can make one question their initial chose of options and colors.

You make me want to change the color of my super sports seats to light beige but that would cost a lot since you'd have to go audi exclusive right?

Would the full black interior be too dark or just perfect with sepang blue?

You can actually change your order after having placed it?

I can see how waiting for so long can make one question their initial chose of options and colors.

You make me want to change the color of my super sports seats to light beige but that would cost a lot since you'd have to go audi exclusive right?

Would the full black interior be too dark or just perfect with sepang blue?
You can change your order in the Uk before it gets locked, which is usually around 2-3 weeks before its built

Can get expensive mind. Sat looking at the brochure and reading things on here

I got this for my troubles -

Reactions: Minion Bob!, Blackwhite and Simon L
You can change your order in the Uk before it gets locked, which is usually around 2-3 weeks before its built

Can get expensive mind. Sat looking at the brochure and reading things on here

I got this for my troubles -

......and once you're finally out of options the only thing left is change the darn car altogether!

So when you placing an order for the RS5 BH? ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Do not encourage him! (BH).

:p

Reactions: Bristle Hound