How Do You Fit Resistor Kits to LED Bulbs?

Springer*

Reaction score
Seen some LED bulb kits on eBay for the A4 B6 & B7 that can be fitted to stop errors. Basically a resistor mounted to a wire.

I'm just curious how you actually fit them.

Could anyone shed any light on this or post up some pics of them fitted?

J:)

thanks for the reply mate.

I realise it sounds too obvious to be true, but I'm wondering how you could secure the wire to the tiny little terminal posts of the bulb without it coming loose. Can you trap the wire in place with the bulb itself?

I'm just in the process of getting some resistors ordered and want to make sure I know how to fit them if they don't provide suitable instructions.

Not too obvious at all if you don't know mate.

You'd need to solder the resistor to the terminal posts.

May be worth looking into 'canbus error free' lights, which have the resistors already built into them.. saves you doing it!

I mounted the resistors in the engine bay, get very hot so keep away from anything, you can use Scotch connectors. To tap into the existing wiring loom. My. Drl needed resistors but my 501 sidelights didn't, we sell hids on eBay. Are good and next day postage good luck, some good tutorials on here

I bought 2 sets of these
2 x T10 501 W5W CANBUS NO ERROR LED Sidelight Load Resistors | eBay
obviously various fittings are available for different bulbs if you shop about they were for my led front and rear indicators work a treat hassle free plug original bulb holder into one end, fit your bulb in the other end and fit into your original bulb holder within the light simples

NOZ,

These look really good mate.

I'm a little confused though. How do you put the bulb in one end and then plug the other into the light fitting within the tight confines of the rear light cluster? Seems a lot of wire to cram into a tiny space.

The rest of the wire and the resistor just sit in the cavity of the rear wing of your car if you kinda understand. That, there great, they do the job brilliant and no cutting of wires or soldering. Simply plug and play. Think there also available. On Amazon.