How do you switch the text message feature on, via the MMI?

scoss

Reaction score
This feature is blanked out, although it stated that I should use the "dictate text" to initiate this. I have done this and agreed licensing terms etc but it's still not working.
Am I right in assuming that when you receive a text it gives you the option to read it to you?

I have the tech high and connect pack if this helps.

Thanks

I have the same tech pack high when I have a txt it shows an envelope icon along the bottom so flicking to TEL on the left toggle button, select the txt with the MMI wheel then think it's then the top right soft key that says read text which should then do exactly that.

Reactions: pburv
I have the same tech pack high when I have a txt it shows an envelope icon along the bottom so flicking to TEL on the left toggle button, select the txt with the MMI wheel then think it's then the top right soft key that says read text which should then do exactly that.

Thanks, but I can't seem to turn this feature on at all. It remains blanked out. Did you have to turn it on?

If an iPhone there's a setting that needs to be enabled - trying to find it now - think it's allow notifications.

If an iPhone there's a setting that needs to be enabled - trying to find it now - think it's allow notifications.

As in "show notifications" ? This was off on my phone BT setting for the Audi. This could be it.

Reactions: Rob2k68
As in "show notifications" ? This was off on my phone BT setting for the Audi. This could be it.

Yes that's the one matey

Reactions: pburv and Flying Scotsman
Rob, you should be given a gold medal....you help a lot of forum members ....Big Kudos to you mate.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, DJAlix and 1 other person
Aw thanks man - only too pleased to help :friends:
21332536.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Flying Scotsman
Mr. Pburv was that the statement that came out of the bride the morning after....or was that your foggy thoughts of what you think transpired? :shrug: :whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68