how does atmospheric dump Valve on my 1.8t work fine???

valyboi

Reaction score
Hello just bought a new car mk4 golf 1.8t look at it someone have fitted a dv to it already it's called turbosmart kampact bov dump valve I believe it's a atmospheric valve people say they don't suppose to work tidy but this seams fine and don't show no codes ect

It's on ebay iv found a few much help would be great

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of 'works fine'...

My wife drove around for a couple of months with the front brake pads so worn it was metal on metal... other than a little bit of noise according to her the brakes 'worked fine'...

Facts are... atmos valves cause running issues on 20v's turbo engines... some manifest more obviously than others and AGU/cable throttle ECU's are more tolerant fault code etc wise than the more modern ME7 based ECU's...

The ECU uses the MAF to measure air coming into the engine so it can calculate the injector on time for the correct AFR... atmos valves vent this metered air but the ECU has already worked out the injector ontime for when you next put your foot down... only at this point there is actually less air in the system than it thought it had and the AFR goes rich... this could just cause a hiccup for the engine or cause a misfire from the mixture being too rich... really does depend on whats happening at the time...

Either way the engines with factory ECU's just run better and cause less issues on recirculating valves...

<tuffty/>

Okay not as that had with the brakes lol

My mate's got a 1.8t standard car with a forged 007 dv
I have standard with a turbosmart atmospheric valve

Both cars feel the same delivering power should I just get rid of this one and get a recurculated one

Personally unless you want expensive bling then get a brand new OE valve... it just works... if you must spend money on one then get a new 007 or 008 from Forge...

<tuffty/>

Yeah I think il just buy a proper recir forge 007 8 what's the difference between the two sorry I'm all new to this

One thing can this atmospheric one do anything bad to my car just to leave it there untill I buy a proper one

It won't do damage as such... it just gives running issues... you will be ok but get it done sooner rather than later...

<tuffty/>

If you want a bit more noise then get it remapped, mine makes a awesome noise after the map, probably louder than the vent to atmosphere valve that came on the car when I got it

you wont regret it, i got mine done at badger5 (not too far from you i think), the car is completely different now, so much fun to drive, and im only at stage 1 mods