how hard is to fit a universal FMIC....

James TQ

Reaction score
i know there's a million and one threads on front mounts but i decided to make it a million and two : )

i have been looking at two different front mounts on ebay, below...both are more or less the same price, how easy are they to fit... i have basic knowledge and i know it will involve cutting some pipes but i was more worried about the mounting of the cooler, i dont want to be attacking my bumper with a saw and ideally i dont want it majorly on show, if someone could explain the basics and assist me in how to go about choosing the easiest way about it with spending out on a forge one as much as id love too!! also what will i see in terms of gain?

Thanks!!

1. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
2. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Yea take a look at the Fmic threads but id suggest the top intercooler as that is manufactured with the a3 in mind. Pointing you in the right direction

Safe motoring

Thanks, I don't mind cutting the bumper I just don't want the pipe work and cooler on show? Any ways to bypass this?

Sorry and also id need the forge tube for the sensor thingy or does mine not have the sensor it's a 1999 Quattro engine code ajq

its all in that thread that tuffty posted. fmic will be on show,just try mount it as far back as possible.

i got my map sensor flange from USA on e bay

Thanks, I don't mind cutting the bumper I just don't want the pipe work and cooler on show? Any ways to bypass this?

By being creative... painting the cooler and pipes will help as would black silicon pipes...

Sorry and also id need the forge tube for the sensor thingy

DOn't know what car you have so assuming a TQS A3 from your member name? that means you will haev a MAP sensor so yeah, if the supplied pipe work doesn't come with a boss (which I doubt) then you will need a Forge MAP tube... also most of these kits don't seem to have outlets for the N75 and/or DV so just be aware...

<tuffty/>