How long does your pride take in the tub??

Pook

Reaction score
Curious as to how long people spend in general making their wheels look tasty again.... sort of your average wash: prewash+powerhose, shampoo (2-bucket), dry, bits and pieces (windows and trim).

I've managed to hone my skills and reduced the time to the following.

I'd say set setup and applying prewash takes me about 20mins.

Powerhose another 15mins.

Shampoo 20mins.

Rinse 5 mins.

Dry 10mins.

Wheels wash and dry 10mins.

Windows and trims 15 mins.

Tidy up 10mins.

Grand total: 1:45hr.

Although in practice it's usually about 2 hrs once I'm finished faffing. Still working on improving the time. Would like to get it under 1:30hr.

TBH, mine takes about that sort of time and includes going over the interior, although that stays pretty clean.
Also, my procedure is somewhat the same as yours just slightly different order, ie wheels first then bodywork etc.
That's on a B7 Avant, so a reasonably sized motor.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook
TBH, mine takes about that sort of time and includes going over the interior, although that stays pretty clean.
Also, my procedure is somewhat the same as yours just slightly different order, ie wheels first then bodywork etc.
That's on a B7 Avant, so a reasonably sized motor.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I would like to do the wheels first too but I would need another bucket for it, cos I generally have two shampoo buckets and 2-3 rinse buckets and after I've done rest of car I use what's left for the wheels, doing it the other way I'd need another shampoo bucket. Suppose I could do that like.

I would like to do the wheels first too but I would need another bucket for it, cos I generally have two shampoo buckets and 2-3 rinse buckets and after I've done rest of car I use what's left for the wheels, doing it the other way I'd need another shampoo bucket. Suppose I could do that like.

5 buckets...?!

I have three, one for shampoo, one for rinse and one for wheels.

Sometimes refill the rinse bucket half way through it particularly dirty!

I usually spend about 1hr30 to 2hrs.

Reactions: Pook
3 bucket system here.

Spray around with citrus pre-wash then snow foam.

Wheels first whilst the snow foam works then a rinse before washing the car.

Takes about two hours. If I'm in a rush then often I'll just do snowfoam, wheels and windows and leave the bodywork. Don't want to risk scratching/marring just because I'm short of time.

My wife's car has full gtechniq treatment and is so much easier to wash than mine. I'm waiting for my pro detailing friend to be free to give the car a once over before we seal it. Hopefully in May.

5 buckets...?!

I have three, one for shampoo, one for rinse and one for wheels.

Sometimes refill the rinse bucket half way through it particularly dirty!

I usually spend about 1hr30 to 2hrs.
Yea 5 is extreme I know, think it's probably down to 4 during summer. Think 5 was winter but I think I need to wash less in winter to avoid the swirls. Think I need to alter my routine to do the wheels first too me thinks. Maybe I've just small buckets, I use the orange b and q ones.

3 bucket system here.

Spray around with citrus pre-wash then snow foam.

Wheels first whilst the snow foam works then a rinse before washing the car.

Takes about two hours. If I'm in a rush then often I'll just do snowfoam, wheels and windows and leave the bodywork. Don't want to risk scratching/marring just because I'm short of time.

My wife's car has full gtechniq treatment and is so much easier to wash than mine. I'm waiting for my pro detailing friend to be free to give the car a once over before we seal it. Hopefully in May.
Yea I think wheels and windows after a prewash is a good call for a quick wash, maybe something I'll adopt more during winter. I also have the Gtechniq protection, it's excellent stuff.

My quick wash is around 4 hours! Being a detailer I rarely get the chance to do my own :(

Inside and out doing it quickly is about 2 hours.

Couple weeks ago it take 5 and half as it needed claying and waxing.

All my faffing I do the night before setting up all the gear which is about 30 mins

Inside and out doing it quickly is about 2 hours.

Couple weeks ago it take 5 and half as it needed claying and waxing.

All my faffing I do the night before setting up all the gear which is about 30 mins
Good idea starting night before, makes the hit the next day less lol.

2 hours for a pre-wash, shampoo, hoover & dry
Then I leave the car in the garage overnight
Than around another hours work to treat the tyres, apply a coat of 50/50 mix of BSD & CG V07 & give the door shuts & underbonnet a good wipe down

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3