how long has your clutch lasted. ? A3

Audi-Power

Reaction score
hi

im just curious to what kind of mileage your car has done before it has had the clutch replaced.
i had a new clutch kit fitted yesterday.
my a3 has done 137,000.

it has a great service record with a lot of receipts for parts over the years , invoices etc.... but none for a clutch.
the car has been professionally remapped and with the torque it was slipping now and then when you put your foot down so i bought the whole kit straight away.
the mechanic who changed it said the old one didn't look to bad either at that mileage.:faint:.

a sachs clutch was fitted and it seems fine.
one thing different is the clutch pedal its very very light its like pushing fresh air.
i hope this is normal :D

with a 137,000 mile on the clook its been done before otherwise it would be on your chin. lol

the way it was slipping it felt like it had done 137,000 lol

not really put my foot down yet just going to do a fair few miles to run it in right.
this new clutch should stop the slip ????????

no reason a standard clutch wouldn't last 137k if the car wasn't remapped until recently.....

a mate of mine changed his original clutch at 160ish 000 miles.

Once mapped, they don't last so long. I got 50k from a VR6 clutch on my stage 2 ko3S, but it only started slipping due to a fluid leak :(

yeah i probably wouldn't of noticed if it wasn't for the map .
im just hoping the new standard clutch wont slip

how long would you wear a clutch in for when new ?

I don't know, but considering how cheap a single mass flywheel and VR6 clutch upgrade is, I wouldn't have put a standard one back in :p

I ran a standard clutch at stage 1 for about 15k without issues, although when I went to stage 2 with the ko3S, the standard clutch died within 5k. It was 20k old at this point, and just couldn't cope with the torque.

if you're just staying at stage 1, you should be fine though.

I was considering this the other day - 100k and just mapped, it should be ok for a bit? Might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for the bits though, prevention being better than cure and all...

yea, dead cheap.

Clutch kit is £90 from GSF, and you can pick up an ABF flywheel from a scrappy of CGTI for about £30! 10X better than standard, and rated to 300lbft :)