How long???

S32B

Reaction score
Had 15 mins to kill yesterday so nipped into Audi to see what was new! Saw a used BE TT which was nice, so asked the sales guys what the lead time of a new one was...he went away and came back saying "Nine months" :blink: He said it's like that for most Audi orders.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
Yeah even for the TT...?? I waited 4 months obviously the semiconductor shortages have worsened since the start of the year and demand has gone through the roof

Reactions: NevMan
That is mad! No idea what is going on with VAG, as their build times are mad. Plenty on here having ordered not high spec A3’s in Feb, and getting build dates in 2022. I would just not wait that long! My JCW, ordered in July, set for delivery end Sept.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Working in the semiconductor industry as l do now they the west have already started production/in the process of producing their own semiconductors for themselves a fab in Germany ie infinion are have started producing chips and Intel have start building one of the largest Semiconductor fabs ever in silicone Valley C.A lessons have been learned

Reactions: NevMan, Frizzley and Sandra
Before l could configure a car this was shown

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-210319_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811-210319_Chrome.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: NevMan
That is mad! No idea what is going on with VAG, as their build times are mad. Plenty on here having ordered not high spec A3’s in Feb, and getting build dates in 2022. I would just not wait that long! My JCW, ordered in July, set for delivery end Sept.
No neither would I mate, I did say how will you work px prices out then, he said at the time of delivery! I said that's no good as you may think on todays prices it will cost you £10k to change cars, then on delivery month that turns in to £14k or more!

Before l could configure a car this was shown

wow that it is mad isn't it! Out of interest I called BMW up and asked for a lead time for a 128Ti, he said order today for October delivery! He then tried the hard sell, if you are thinking of buying something do it now as used car prices will drop by 20% in January! He gave me a quote of £20,350 for mine, which is exactly the same as WBAC! Not bad considering I paid just under £18,900 last October at the end of the pcp deal :)

Think I'll just service mine and put another 12 months on the warranty again, I still like the car and it's only on 11,500 mile :) How are you getting on with the TT, still thinking of switching it???

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Jassyo06
No neither would I mate, I did say how will you work px prices out then, he said at the time of delivery! I said that's no good as you may think on todays prices it will cost you £10k to change cars, then on delivery month that turns in to £14k or more!

wow that it is mad isn't it! Out of interest I called BMW up and asked for a lead time for a 128Ti, he said order today for October delivery! He then tried the hard sell, if you are thinking of buying something do it now as used car prices will drop by 20% in January! He gave me a quote of £20,350 for mine, which is exactly the same as WBAC! Not bad considering I paid just under £18,900 last October at the end of the pcp deal :)

Think I'll just service mine and put another 12 months on the warranty again, I still like the car and it's only on 11,500 mile :) How are you getting on with the TT, still thinking of switching it???

spoke to a guy who sells Peugeots today - he recked Nov delivery earliest for most new orders now and if you pick the wrong models / trim combination that jan / Feb 22. he said he heard of dates of late H1 next year for a couple of other brands from his mates in the trade.

2nd hand market was keeping th3 lights on and they were having to buy in stock to keep the forecourt filled. Interestingly he also mentioned the regular pricing updates they got from their central team using prices in response to the current market condition.

Time to cash in the Bit Coin and move it into used cars:footy:

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B, NevMan and Jassyo06

Funny enough when I initially ordered my JCW from Cotswold, they gave a a guaranteed P/X of at least £22,800 (matching WBAC at the time). However ended up cancelling the order as Bimmerdeals blew them out of the water with £6k off list (about 15%) whereas they had offered around half that. That did mean selling the Mini was over to me, and whilst I could have hung on until new car arrived, I have been without one for almost a year, and wife has her Abarth now, so flogged the Mini via Motorway for £23,601. Literally 1,500 les than we paid (incl VAT) in March 2020. Mini BlackPool have it up for £26,250

9f3b3f0b4467da8a26af451a606cf46e.jpg

If you are interested in a 128ti or any other BMW or Mini, worth emailing David King - bimmerdeals@outlook.com

Reactions: S32B, Jassyo06, JohnM100 and 1 other person
If you are interested in a 128ti or any other BMW or Mini, worth emailing David King - bimmerdeals@outlook.com
Certainly some good deals to have if you look, and brilliant to lose so little on your old car :) Have you gone auto or manual on the JCW?

Cheers for the contact, but after thinking about it and the miles I do I'm sticking with what I've been thinking for a while. Next car is a long term keeper and now with a 10 year warranty!!! Not Audi quality inside, but I love the look of the outside and it's what i want to pay @ £30k

Reactions: Frizzley and NevMan
Certainly some good deals to have if you look, and brilliant to lose so little on your old car :) Have you gone auto or manual on the JCW?

Cheers for the contact, but after thinking about it and the miles I do I'm sticking with what I've been thinking for a while. Next car is a long term keeper and now with a 10 year warranty!!! Not Audi quality inside, but I love the look of the outside and it's what i want to pay @ £30k

Have gone countryman JCW so only comes in 8 speed auto. Spaniel means we need something with a bit more space really.

Fair enough mate, those are nice

Reactions: S32B and BarryG79
Supra has same engine as JCW, M135i etc

Working in the semiconductor industry as l do now they the west have already started production/in the process of producing their own semiconductors for themselves a fab in Germany ie infinion are have started producing chips and Intel have start building one of the largest Semiconductor fabs ever in silicone Valley C.A lessons have been learned
Yeah learned after 1950 right... As usa can't have china as BTCH anymore and asking them to manufacture and produce for stupid money and selling then for 1000 x more
The GYP JOINT USA practices are OVER!
Edit: expect even crazier higher prices.. From usa like intel..
No thank you.

Yeah even for the TT...?? I waited 4 months obviously the semiconductor shortages have worsened since the start of the year and demand has gone through the roof
It's absolutely not about chip shortages. It's all lie across the world. Simply China steeped up with prices! My car was manufactured in September 2014 and was registered in January 2015. It normal proces p process. About half year waiting time.
The 11 months wait CAN be due to "chips" which I, hardly believe but there is something else playing... All about business politics btw China and the whole world...

It's absolutely not about chip shortages. It's all lie across the world. Simply China steeped up with prices! My car was manufactured in September 2014 and was registered in January 2015. It normal proces p process. About half year waiting time.
The 11 months wait CAN be due to "chips" which I, hardly believe but there is something else playing... All about business politics btw China and the whole world...

Ah, so “business politics” mean all manufacturers are pulling options and “delaying” deliveries by many months.

I get it….what complete !

Reactions: JohnM100
Ah, so “business politics” mean all manufacturers are pulling options and “delaying” deliveries by many months.

You don't understand .. Read thread rising car prices .. rising basically everything you need read more on internet WHY is this happening ...

Here you go.. for you to become more knowledgeable including John ;)

Last edited: