How low should I go?

elucidate

Reaction score
How much are people lowering their car with it still being usable. Maybe actually sometimes being able to get in and out of NCP car parks kind of useful.

I put my coilovers on at the weekend and the car is TOO low, it scrubs when i take corners hard!

lowered0qs.jpg

You can just fit one finger inbetween the wheel and the arch, I would reckon two fingers would be a more realistic height setting.

What are people running right now? What problems do you have?

On my A3, i can get my hand flat on the tyre at the top, with the top of my hand just hitting the bottom of the arch.

26_1.jpg

27_1.jpg

Old pics, but still the same as now. You could do with raising it about 10mm i'd say. My wheels are 18"x8.5" ET35.

Is it scrubbing inside arch, outside arch or driveshaft>ARB?

RIch

That looks real low lol, my S3 looks like it's holding up it's skirt and legging it compared to yours, yet it does look great when parked. Love the little space in between the body and tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, sorry I can't help you on lowering as I'm doing that next month, good luck

Yours looks the right height Rich, will check the driveshaft before I drive it too hard!

Well it's now lowered to its final drop.

frontlow.jpg

frontlow2.jpg

back.jpg

It drives very well, way better than the stock suspension and I like it.

[ QUOTE ]
On my A3, i can get my hand flat on the tyre at the top, with the top of my hand just hitting the bottom of the arch.

26_1.jpg

27_1.jpg

Old pics, but still the same as now. You could do with raising it about 10mm i'd say. My wheels are 18"x8.5" ET35.

Is it scrubbing inside arch, outside arch or driveshaft>ARB?

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting those pics mate.Ive been trying to figure out whether to get the 18" RS6's or the 19" ones.Now made my mind up that the 18"s will be the best buy.Your car looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif