how low to go?

jack.s

Reaction score
been told one of my rear springs is cracked so going to buy some lowering springs this week but how much to lower by, bearing in mind i have 18 by 8 wheels on there, i was thinking 40-45mm any opinions?

watchout for your sump when lowering as they tend to get scuffed or cracked if too low,mine is 25mm lower and okay

Mines lowered by 40mm, everythings fine. I think a 50mm drop would look the best though!

What ever you do, remember the rear tie bars need replacing for lowering, otherwise ur looking at scrubbed tyres...

I went for 40mm on my A3 and i found that the front was higher then the back? But yea if you go to low it can be a nightmare. Have you thought about paying the extra and getting some coilovers? Maybe well worth doing!

thanks for the advice :) think i will go 40mm to avoid problems. really wanted to save for coilovers but as rear spring is cracked needs doing now.

the springs on a 1.8T 2wd and a 1.8T quatrro are different is this true? and the s3 the same as 1.8T quatrro? anyone know? :)

From what ive seen i notied that the springs on the S3 are alot wider then the A3. I think the S3 and the 1.8T quatrro have differant springs also. Mainly because if i look for coilovers at an online store the quatrro and the S3 come up seperatly but i dont know.