How many miles are you getting from a full tank? (a3 3.2 )

marwayg

Reaction score
Title says it all...
I drive short distances on motorways 80% of the time...

Normal driving i get: 250 approx

I just used a whole tank dedicated on eco driving and got: 350miles!! :D

what do you all get? :)

2.0L Diesel S-Line (140) Sportback... full tank usually gives 490-510 driving 80% of the time on motorways. I do have a heavy foot though lol!

Reactions: marwayg
Only 250 normal driving you must give it some
my neighbours have a r32 it's manual they get around 350 normal driving from theres they use standard fuel also i was suprised.

Reepers - have you considered a stage 1 remap to increase your power and milage to your tank?

Im looking to get a a3 diesel as soon as my 3.2 is sold - to increase my milage (quite drastically i hope) as im always on the motorway

I dont put my foot down much and ive literally give it everything ive got to be eco on this tank and i only just got 350!! :\

350 from normal driving in an r32?! :O
if true, that is epic!

Mostly town journeys and the odd motorway stretch but only short, and I see around the 250 mark. 350 would be a treat, but as you say it'd have to be long motorway journeys to get them kind of miles from a tank.

I get 550 miles from 2.0 diesel if I drive sensible.that is normally included 250 miles motorway then in town. Last week I drive abit crazy and I get about 500 miles.

I love the way he's asked specifically for mileages from 3.2's yet all the TDi owners are commenting and making the op jealous :icon_thumright:

Reactions: CHEZ, Artimus and marwayg
on my 3.2 I get about 20mpg cant say on a full tank as only run on half a tank most, else it a load of weight that I dont want. an that is 0 motorway driveing. I live in london

Reepers - have you considered a stage 1 remap to increase your power and milage to your tank?

Im looking to get a a3 diesel as soon as my 3.2 is sold - to increase my milage (quite drastically i hope) as im always on the motorway

I dont put my foot down much and ive literally give it everything ive got to be eco on this tank and i only just got 350!! :\

350 from normal driving in an r32?! :O
if true, that is epic!

Yeaaahhh! N8 has had me wanting a remap for a while now lol, just need to find time to actually get it done lol!! Not in any rush like, as ive just had the bearings and a full service done on the car lol

I saw the title but oh well after seeing what I got from 2.0tdi,he may decided to get a diesel car instead haha!

haha i sure want a diesel really bad!! i love the tdi a3's !
but until the 3.2 is sold..... im stuck with 250-350 miles per tank :( LOL

To be honest I prefer pertrol over diesel cause its fun to drive and less noise. However due to the nature of my work,I have to get diesel to save money. If you can afford to run 3.2 then keep or let it go if you want an economical car.

Yeah i'd have a petrol anyday! I'm currenty trying to justify a 330ci :wub: Although it doesn't make much sense cause ill be doing 100 miles a day once uni starts again :(

My diesel is pretty quiet ;-) I can normally hear the petrol car next to me over my own engine when at the lights with the window down for example.

(Full disclosure, I have stop-start)

I get about 275-300 from a full tank in my A3 3.2 dsg. Unless I go a bit nuts....then it drops dramatically!

I like to go nuts...

Yeah i'd have a petrol anyday! I'm currenty trying to justify a 330ci :wub: Although it doesn't make much sense cause ill be doing 100 miles a day once uni starts again :(

ur in the same position as myself ! i cant justify why i own a 3.2 when i do many miles a day on the motorway! Not that i can't afford it, its makes more sense to save up a lot until i dont have to do many motorway miles - THEN RS3/RS5 time :hubbahubba:
until then, the Car is still for sale - next stop: DIESEL!!! :rockwoot:

I'm lucky to see above 220 (thats from FULL to ZERO, not reserve).

The 3.2 engined A3 is the wrong car for 250-350 mile tanks. Thats what I used to get out of my 4.2 V8 S4. If your gonna have poor fuel economy, at least drive a V8.

Used to have a 2.8 4motion Golf, and sold it for the S4 simply because it wasn't fast enough for the fuel consumption. The 3.2 isn't much better. Now a 4.2 IS fast enough for the consumption.

When I bought my A3 years back they loaned me a 3.2 DSG so i could test the gearbox. I drove from work (Slough) to home (Southampton) and back again and emptied the tank. So that was about 140-150 miles.

In my defence, it wasn't my car, and it wasn't my fuel :)

If I drive "normal" i.e. staying with the flow of traffic I average 30-35mpg which is about 380-400 per tank. The most I ever got was 420 on a drive up north, all on the motorway but because of the traffic average speed of 60-70. But if I give it some it goes down to about 25mpg.
I did notice that when I changed the K&N air filter to a Audi one it went up by 3mpg.
Always run on Tesco Momentum and tyre pressures of 38psi all round, I wonder if that makes a difference what fuel is used and tyre pressures?

I get 550 miles from 2.0 diesel if I drive sensible.that is normally included 250 miles motorway then in town. Last week I drive abit crazy and I get about 500 miles.

hmm this makes me question if I have an issue with mine! Is that 550 miles from absolute full down to serious fuel light?

I normally fill mine back up when it gets just above the red mark and by that time its done about 400 ish.. i do about 50/50 motorway and town driving though I suppose

I have had 500 miles out of my first tank of Tesco fuel then I decided I would try Shell V-Power Diesel, I only managed 460 out of that tank, I am going to stick with the V-Power though, I figure it is better for my engine and only cost around £4 more to fill from empty.

Oh my car is a 2.0 TDi 170

Yes I leave it until when the fuel warning light come on,still able to do another 55 miles at least but I just fill it up,just in case. However a month ago I had full service with Audi and since then I get about 510-525 miles per tank. I dont known the reason why but it just weird. Anyway I just bough diesel cleaning product and mix it with diesel every time I fill up,let see if that gets better.

Just thought id share my achievement :happy:

376.3 miles from my tank - with apparent 10 miles remaining.

xdgz9d.jpg

At the mo im car-less and saving for a new motor. in the past i've had both diesel and petrol, and I'm at the stage where I want a bit more oomph than my 320d supplied. Naturally I was thinking to get a 330d (stay with me here...) But Ive wanted an A3 for years and now I have the chance I'm thinking of not going for the 'sensible' option!

The only hesitation is fuel economy. Long story short, I'm looking for justification and in this thread, I think I've 'just' found it! :rockwoot:
Also, I can tell the missus its 'safer' in winter because of Quattro. Wish me luck with the saving! :icon_thumright:

180-230 in my s3 -vpower

490-550 in my a4 2.0tdi (140) - reg Diesal

For same journey to work n back..

A4 ideal for work but then i miss the s3 :(

Get it done reepers :laugh:
That's all the persuasion I need! An 8L S3 was also an option.. But not much difference in price, fuel economy, or insurance when compared to the 3.2. The advantages of the V6 = more power, no turbo, newer model/chassis, and the climax inducing sound of engine!

on my 3.2 with just general driving - we live in a village so most journeys involve 50-60mph limits - we get 26-27mpg with the wife driving, a bit worse with me but long journeys it's 30mpg + so get about 350miles to a tank. i quite impressed by it's economy tbh, i'm not the most sensible driver so it's doing pretty well.

performance wise it does a good job of keeping up with my dads 350z and a mates b6 s4 yet they only average about 18-20mpg

Reactions: marwayg
I, the creator of this thread..... just bought my 2007 2.0 Tdi (140) !!
First full tank: 550+ miles ! averaging about 50+ Mpg on motorway miles only !! :D

But i still miss the 3.2 a lot ! :(

My 3.2 does roughly 18-20mpg around town, 25mpg when pushing it on the open road, and quiet happily reaches 33-34mpg on my 19 mile drive to work if I'm careful. I don't use the car much but so far in my ownership it's been about 28mpg overall. Thats better than a (old) Focus ST, in a heavier, more powerful 4WD Auto car.

I, the creator of this thread..... just bought my 2007 2.0 Tdi (140) !!
First full tank: 550+ miles ! averaging about 50+ Mpg on motorway miles only !! :D

But i still miss the 3.2 a lot ! :(

Get a remap it will ease the pain.

Ive been doing a lot of reading on remaps on the Tdi.
From what ive been told, you dont make your money back very quickly (in terms of fuel economy savings)

No idea what i get from a tank as i don't run it low, but right now i'm seeing 20.6mpg from my V6 04/05 A3

Title says it all...
I drive short distances on motorways 80% of the time...

Normal driving i get: 250 approx

I just used a whole tank dedicated on eco driving and got: 350miles!! :D

what do you all get? :)
250miles on full tank ? in a3 ??? ar you crazy driver??? I pay £55 on full tank and I get 400 to 450 miles on full tank

I've only put in 2 full tanks so far, one properly empty to 253 miles and the second 242. I'm enjoying the south downs roads very much.
I've been tracking it the old-fashioned way and got 21.8mpg and 20.6mpg. Which quite frankly I'm overjoyed with...
...because I sold a poorly RX8 that was doing 18mpg generally, 22mpg at the absolute best on motorway runs and was getting 14-15mpg around the town before I sold it.
The A3 is faster, easier to drive, more comfortable and peversely I don't find it hardly a compromise as a driver's car, despite the RX8's perfect 50/50 balance and sublime geometry and suspension set-up out of the box.

You really should be getting about 25-28 driving hardish and 32 on a good run. what are your plugs like ? how old is your air filter ? have you got air in the tires ? about 38-40psi in 225/40's

Am getting around 27MPG with city driving. Hitting the highways gets me about 32MPG.

When I first got the car I had a tear on one of the exhaust flexis (£££ surprise), my MPG was much lower than this and could never hit above 30MPG no matter how hard I tried.

Since its only a weekend driver I am pretty happy with the MPG trade-off with the way she moves and sings. V-Power only for this one as well. Wish it it had a little more HP probably would be happy with it around 300-350.

Best I ever got from my one was 36 mpg and that was being real sensible.
Not being real sensible, it's in the teens, but hey, who cares with all that sweet music coming from the engine.
It can still dish out many a fright to those who think it's a slammed oil burner....!
:yes: