How many times do you polish your car in a year?

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
First polish of the year! so far..

My product of choice is Bilt Hamber double speed wax which I am on my third tub since using it on my car for over 2 years now and the shine is still showroom finish.

I would say I polish about 7 times a year which gives a great mirrored shine and beads well. Helped by washing my car once a week.

So it got me thinking 'how times do you really need to polish a year to keep the shine'

Is 7 to much?

DrEskimo

You're taking about waxing my good man...polishing is about refining the finish of the paint after paint correction (compounding).

Most natural carnuba waxes typically only last a few of months, so around 4/5 times a year.

robps3

every few weeks, i cant stop buying wax because its the next big thing and i not sure i can tell much difference lol. doesnt stop me buying them. I have been good this year i said i'll use all my products up then start again. Having said that i really want to try that bilt hamber wax and its only gbp16

Chrissyp83

Twice per year, one around beginning mid april, and again around end of october/ beginning of november ready for winter

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
You're taking about waxing my good man...polishing is about refining the finish of the paint after paint correction (compounding).

Most natural carnuba waxes typically only last a few of months, so around 4/5 times a year.

Well summed up, and I agree 4/5 times a year.

Raiden

Once to twice a year for me. Tip I found on youtube was after the car is waxed use a quick detailer to dry the car after you wash it in the future and the quick detailer protects the wax adding a layer of 'skin' is what he called it. My wax lasts for at least 7 months using that tip

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Once to twice a year for me. Tip I found on youtube was after the car is waxed use a quick detailer to dry the car after you wash it in the future and the quick detailer protects the wax adding a layer of 'skin' is what he called it. My wax lasts for at least 7 months using that tip

Good tip ! - I use Angelwax QED spray after a polishing LOL (sorry waxing).

But I see my 6+ waxing a year is excessive, so going to knock this down to 4.