HOW MUCH DISCOUNT ???

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm looking to order a 2.0tdi sportback in sport spec with options very soon and was wondering what sort of discount people are currently getting . Somewhere like 'drive the deal' are currently giving in the region of 11% , would it be unreasonable to try and get this at the local dealers , thanks .

I just ordered a 2.0TDI 170 BE with opions and got around 11% discount.

go for it mate there are some creacking deals out there just know , i ve just got 14% of a black edition , they beat drive the deal by 3% and they gave me top money for my trade in ,

Hi Mate, I am about to put an order through. As a business customer on an A3 you will find it hard to get more than 9%, I managed 10.5% via Stansted, but Ipswich and Bury did not want to go more than about 9% (my PCP company get 10.2%) but I know that in most cases Audi's policy is to give less discount to private customers e.g about 5%. My best advice is shop around, some dealers are part of a group so best to look at different groups as they normally try to make set margins with in a group, try the bigger dealers with a large business base. My advise is be happy with 9% at a local dealer and 10.5% at a bigger dealer. If you are not too fused on spec the garages are keen to look at new stock coming in or existing (e.g. in their show room) and cut a deal to these levels quickly.

Let me know how you get on as looking to place me order in a few weeks, any one have an idea on delivery times for BE 170 quattro.

Shilts,
Go talk to Martin Taylor @ Norwich, he will match the drive the deal price. If you can print the price that has been quoted so they can see that you're genuinely after a good deal and not trying to wing it.

Just ordered an S3 BE from my local main dealer. Got just over 11% without trying too hard and they paid top price for my trade-in (bettered the Glasses guide by about £500). I suspect without a P-Ex it would have been nearer the 14%.

Last edited:
if you were trading in an s3 they are currently selling way over glasses and cap values so it wouldnt surprise me they could give you more for it still a cracking deal though

now that why they are giving me a good deal , as its a s3 with low miles and fully loaded that im px

yep saves the hassle of a private sale mate and you get the same money win win, except for the buyers of used s3s atm :laugh:

Just ordered an S3 BE from my local main dealer. Got just over 11% without trying too hard and they paid top price for my trade-in (bettered the Glasses guide by about £500). I suspect without a P-Ex it would have been nearer the 14%.

Hi Sugs

Which dealer was that? as if I cancel my order with Stockport Audi, will be looking to go elsewhere to re-order, I too am getting a fully spec'd S3

when i got my S3 3 weeks ago, i (my gf) managed to get about 13% off the listed price, tho mine was an approved used and got more on my part-ex than i would have done on a private sale as well so did really well out of the deal!!

Hi Sugs

Which dealer was that? as if I cancel my order with Stockport Audi, will be looking to go elsewhere to re-order, I too am getting a fully spec'd S3

try maccelsfield audi I got a cracking deal on my BE and he offered the best trade in by far ask for simon clough

Thanks guy's ! 14% is a terrific discount . Generally would you say that you get a better deal by NOT trading or does it not really matter , just wondering whether it would be better off to sell private . The car is only worth about £2k but a couple of hundred quid is almost a pair of tyres . Rick , i have PM'd you , cheers .

14% off a factory order will never happen, it may do on a 'Stock' car as they want to get rid.

The most I have ever heard of a factory order is 11%, as the dealers have 12% to play with, at 14% they would be losing money i'd have thought, unless they were desperate to meet a target, and again you have to be really lucky to get the right dealer for this, maybe a bit of 'inside Information' would help!

I tried quite a few dealers for a factory S3, and 9% was the max, my current deal sits at about 11% but it took me 2 weeks of haggling to get to that, it would be nice to improve on that, but doubt it will happen.

Should try Macc Audi as I live in Macc, just need to get my deposit back from Stockport Audi now!

Try carfile.net, i ordered through there dealer and got a good price and good finance!!

It pays to do your homework. Most dealers finance themselves on monthly and quarterly cycles. If they get to the end of a cycle and they haven't met their quota it may actually pay them to sell a vehicle at a 'theoretical' loss to hit their target otherwise it'll affect their discounts for the following period. Dealer-Audi targets are based on order. Salesman's target is (usually) based on when you take delivery.

Dealers pay Audi for the vehicle in (x) weeks after they take delivery. So for a larger Group (Pendragon/Sytner etc) with lots of dealers if they get a cancelled order they'll offer it around their dealers at a knock down price to shift it off their books before they have to cough up.

Also dealers make more money out of extras like finance and servicing. If you take the finance and live local they'll look after you and hope you come back for after sales.

P-Ex is neither here nor there. Unless it's new enough for them to pop on the forecourt and make a margin on they'll usually offload it to a car broker who'll just pay book price. Just find someone in the trade who's willing to let you take a peek in Glasses guide so you know what that figure is.

On the A3 dealer margins have gone up slightly at the moment anyway as the new model is only 14 months away so they're in 'run out' mode.

Fill your boots!

the 14% is on a stock car , the same as i was going to order , just lucky , right time at the right place , need to make figures , it worked out £700 cheaper than drive the deal . ive got glasses guide if any one need any info , drop me a pm , good luck lads there are some great deals , alan