How Much Do The Dealers Charge For...

emzino

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how much the Audi approximately charge for:

1) Front & Rear Black Carpets
2) Front & Rear Wipers

If it's expensive, is there elsewhere I can get it for cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

Wiper blades? I've bought mine from eBay in the past, three genuine Bosch blades for a tenner.

bosche wiper blades are crap in my experience - they are very noisey! i'd just get the genuine audi ones if i were you - i bet they are cheaper than the bosche ones too - prob £20 will buy you the pair.

Mats are £40 for fronts and £25 for rears.... however i have a brand new set of black mats (genuine) i'll sell em ya for £50 (saving 15 quid)

steve

Err, the Audi ones are Bosch Aeros.

As for carpets, I bought a pair of black rear mats for mine and they were about 17 quid.

well whatever - my point was don't **** about just buy the ones from audi, get another brand and you are asking for trouble. I had this with a vauxhall once, spent a fortune on what i thougth were 'better' bosche wiper blades from halfords and they were absolutely awful, juddering, squeaking you name it, i then went to vauxhall and bought vauxhall ones (dont know who make them??) but they were 1000% better perfect in every way, silent and smooth and worked very well.

oh yeh you wil get crappy cheapo ones form halfords for 17 quid - im talkin about genuine audi ones - get them from audi and they are 40 quid for fronts and 25 for rears - unless you get lucky on ebay or whatever

Yea i'll definitely be getting genuine mats & wipers, don't wanna take any chances. I especially won't forget reading your thread Sam Dude about your experience with non-audi wipers. Well some of you have PM's so do get back to me.

Thanks for all the advice and prices, much appreciated :)

Come on people,as long as there's this assumption that anything other than OE is crap,they'll be able to charge what they like !
£40 for front wipers and £25 for a rear !?!?
Holy crap !
You must be able to get perfectly decent alternatives for a damned sight less than that.
As far as I know,my wipers are the same ones that came with the car.
I wouldn't sanction them replacing them at that cost.
I'd buy them myself and reclaim it off the company.

Each to his own, but looking at the ETKA parts catalogue the current A3 uses blades that are 600mm and 484mm.

Having looked on a couple of web-sites selling Bosch Aero blades they only offer standard size blades of 600mm and 475mm. Not a lot in size but could allow the water to run up the screen between the blades, particularly when they stop. The price for these blades was £32.95 for the pair plus £2.50 postage, so a total saving of around £5.00 for not the correct size blades. The blades fitted by Audi may well be manufactured by Bosch, but to Audi's specification and size. The blades listed on the web-sites were for all A3s since 2005, but the method of fixing the blade to the arm has changed at least a couple of times since then.

Is it worth it? If your car is still under warranty and you had a problem with say the wiper motor, could a dealer argue that non-standard parts had been fitted?

I have used non Audi blades in the past and they have not been as good as the OEM ones. Having had them on the car for a while I changed back to OEM ones which did a better job.

Personally, my A3 is covered by a 3 year maintenance agreement which I negotiated to what I consider a reasonable price and it covers things like the blades anyway.

It strikes me a bit as 'spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar'

Audi don't make them themselves though so there is a good chance the Bosch ones you buy in Halfords or off web site are the same you buy from the dealer but not in the Audi packaging!

They will be sticking Mobil 1 and Castrol oil in Audi oil containers next and charging a tenner more for it saying its Audi OE equipment!

Audi don't make them themselves though so there is a good chance the Bosch ones you buy in Halfords or off web site are the same you buy from the dealer but not in the Audi packaging!

Yes they are almost certainly not made by Audi but they are made for Audi, which is why people like Halfords and various website stock the standard size blade for the passenger side of 475mm but the Audi OEM part is 484mm.