How much for your RS4's??

S3 Dave

Now running on Heavy Oil
Reaction score
How much are people paying extra for the privilege of having lovely wheels on there pride and joy My robbin Bast*rds take £100 for havin Rs4's, :wtf: Should I have bothered telling them??? Anyone else got thoughts on the legal robbery they call insurance??

Tesco didn't charge me - you have to be careful though as some insurance companies charge you extra for mods but only pay out for standard parts. Check the small print!

bouncer--daz said:
I havnt bothered telling them... audi alloys...

Exactly what I thought!! but no chance! ANY modification away from standard spec on wheels,suspension,engine etc,etc Will invalidate insurance and if they can get out of paying oh boy they will!! Not good if you run over the boy chasin the footy into the road!!

S3 Avus wheels cost about the same as Rs4's to replace as well!! :keule:

mwstewart said:
Tesco didn't charge me - you have to be careful though as some insurance companies charge you extra for mods but only pay out for standard parts. Check the small print!

I said I would be happy with new standard wheels if I had an accident they would cost more than I paid for mine but she wouldn't have it. Will wait for paper work. Its Direct Line anyone else......

i think it's more to do with the fact you're changing your car from the standard spec, ie bigger wheels, that's why i always go for the same size as standard so i'm not fundamentally changing anything. makes it harder for them to argue the case.

Im with admiral... might give them a call for a "quote" if I was too fit 18" audi alloys and lower the supsension.... will let you know

Dave change your avatar...I have to put a cushion on my lap (a big one!)
I paid sixty quid extra for all mods remap,alloys,brakes,dv,ARBs

S3 Dave said:
Tried that one as well but if you lok in the S3 Brochure Rs4's not an option :ermm:

Is'nt that because they are RSTT wheels? They were an optional extra on the S3

I've got the original price list here, 8J x18 'nine spoke' design alloy wheels with 255/40 R18tyres £1500.00

S3 Dave said:
Tried that one as well but if you lok in the S3 Brochure Rs4's not an option :ermm:

they're not known as RS4's - the code in my manual says CC3 = alloy wheels 7J x 17 nine-spoke style, offset 38

or if they're not 17's then find a different code and stick it in here > http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

check to see if a code's in yours, if so, then it's an optional extra from new so no need for extra insurance :sm4:

drew

bouncer--daz said:
Im with admiral... might give them a call for a "quote" if I was too fit 18" audi alloys and lower the supsension.... will let you know

You don't have your modified suspension covered either ? :eek:

Finally sorted it, Woman got it wrong apparently an optional extra from new which they were!?!?! Is different from fitting them to a used car. Got a refund of £76! Worth checking these things out and most of all making sure you are LEGALLY covered.

I think a fair rule is if you can see it tell them. If you can't well that's another issue!:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: