How much is it worth?

JD007F

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 a3 2.0 170 s tronic 3door black edition with sat nav, ami, Bluetooth, sunroof, cruise control, interior light pack, fill heated leather seats, black edition kit. It's done 51k on the clock all services done through Audi and mots.

I've been quoted on a part X of £9.5k is this right I've been looking online and seen them for about £13-16k what does people think I'm here?

Please help

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449166518869974

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449166537537712

I reckon you can definitely get £12k+ for it

I reckon you can definitely get £12k+ for it

Okey dokey that's handy to know thank you, would you sell it privately to get that or part X but try a few other places?

Okey dokey that's handy to know thank you, would you sell it privately to get that or part X but try a few other places?

Private is the way to go I think, it'll sell if you put up good pictures and show you've cared for it. If you're planning to sell, I'd list it asap as after Christmas it may be a little harder to sell

Its worth more privately for sure but you're in an unfortunate position of being in an awkward place for most buyers - still worth trying though, but if you really want that car you may have to accept the dealer offer. Have you tried the likes of webuyanycar etc...?

On a side note, I came from an A5 3.0 tdi and the 3.0 engine feels very sluggish compared to the responsive 2.0 tdi VAG unit. And, I note they quote 51mpg as urban. Er, no, expect more like mid 30's average with low 40's on a steady run.

I stay in Shetland , so cannot sell private , always have to trade in, I have found that webuyanycar is a good indication of what you will get offered . As always cost to change is the important figure , don't get too hung up on trade in offer as it depends what's in the car you are buying for the dealer ...

Nluk100- okey dokey no worries, I'll give a few websites a go and see what they can offer me.
Ooooh is itI thought it would be similar to the 2.0 I know size and weight is different but may have to give a local one a test drive before going further afield and getting disappointed. Cheers for the info there

Bainie ideal thanks for the help I'll give a few of those ago and see what comes up. I love the a3 but just got to that sort of time I fancy a change and the new a3 saloon with all the gear is still a fair bit of

Cheers guys

Best bet is to buy a cheap runabout £300-400, sell yours privately, then start looking for a car and use the runabout as a trade in for £200.

I would give you 10.500 for that no problem

Haha well unfortunately I would like a bit more than that lol. It's in mint condition and loads of extras the only thing it doesn't have is the auto lights and wipers.

I know it's only because I'm looking to purchase this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508015698032 that is why I was trying to part X it really for easiness but if not I'll give private sale ago. Just hard when your in cornwall most people that what to buy it are always a million miles away haha.

Mate, DO NOT buy a car from CarTime in Bury! They are absolute Cowboys! They need to be avoided 100%! I had sooooo many problems when I purchased my car, they have been sued multiple times (in a thousand different names) I would find yourself an alternative and steer well clear from them!

£9.5K is actually a pretty good P/ex deal these days. Privately I reckon you'll get £11k. as it is a 3door car (everyone on here tells me a 5 door version is £4k. more :smile new:). All the extras you have will help give a quick sale but they don't necessarily increase the overall value.

I've always found the best way to find out value on the A3 S3 8P platform is from the new price of its standard form without extras. So for instance yours been a black edition sure it was £24k new
minus £100 for every 1000 miles and minus £100 for every month old it is.

Roughly for yours works out just over £10k

£5100 for miles and £5000 for 50 months old.
Takes it to £14k or so privately

Okey dokey guys, thanks all the help, I've check out we buy any car and they said they would give me 12.230k so that isn't a bad amount tbf. But it's up for a service in Jan was wondering what sort of service will it need for its age?
The last service was Jan 2014 as I don't do many miles and it had a full service plus gear box service and brake fluid and all done so was wondering if there was anything else that would need doing this time round?