How much miles are you getting per tank in your s3

K13 ASJ

Reaction score
just what the title says really.
I am only getting 200-250 miles per tank costing £75 on tesco momentum,
My car has no engine/exhaust mods... So am i below average?? what you getting?

I get between 200 and 220 per tank. My car has 6k miles on the clock. Since I have owned it I have done 2500 miles and averaged 24.1mpg over this time.

Just done a 300 mile round trip to Aviemore.....sat about 65-70mph on the A9. Filled her up before I left and then filled her back up again when near home. Took £40 of super to brim. Not bad economy in my eyes.

And that was also having a wee play with a TT 3.2 Quattro for the last 10 miles........:undwech:

320 miles per tank, but then I've been running her in and driving like a complete ***

you lot are much older than me..! :salute:

Get around 300 around the doors and 330-350 on a run at around 80mph

300-350 on a good run.
Ive had 450 showing once but that was a boring couple of days.

On average, I'm getting about 290 between fill-ups of about £65 / 48 litres (10.75 gallons or so).

That squares well with the DIS long-term average of about 27mpg for my S3, which to be fair is done on a mix of urban and longer (but speedyish) journeys.

Some of you boys need to try harder! I'm lucky to see 250 per tank of Vpower.

I can get as much as 360 miles if the drive in to work is on the slow side,or as little as 300,but there are few places to really use the power,so the torque from a remapped engine makes a huge difference to economy,whereas an unmodded engine relies on being revved a bit.

I get on average 250 miles but this is mostly town driving, I have seen 330 on a mixed journey.

Agree with Alex 360 if i drive with the flow but can drop to300 if i gun it. Mapping does make a huge difference but in the end its how you drive it. DSG helps, its usually in the optimum gear.

My gear change indicator on the manual spends its whole life telling me to be in 6th gear as soon as I exceed about 29 miles an hour. Its been set in taxi mode at factory. Strain on gearbox must be significant for the mpg savings. 361 miles is most even seen on last S3 on a full motorway journey to Scotland at 60mph.

£75 will get me 550 miles minimum. Oh no hang on I don't have an S3, just dreaming again (although I think it would be a bad dream if I was in the petrol station as much as you lot!)

Smiles per miles I suppose!

Regular commuting (50% motorway, 50% around town) gets me 340 to the tank. 75,000 miles so pretty well run in. Economy has got marginally better than that having recently got to Stage 2.

225/250 Miles per saddle bag tank for me on average, only Vpower used.

looks like remapping is the way to go, i have never saw 300miles to a tank or anywhere near that tbh.. 250 if i am lucky, but i do like to plant the foot a bit and a lot of my trips are 5-10mins

I get 190-200 miles per tank of shell v power but then again I love giving it the beans everywhere!

I did 340miles Yesterday Half motorway M25-M11 and half A roads. I clocked the trip, Got home in exactly 3 hours..170 miles so ave nearly 60mph which is pretty good given the amount of time at traffic lights etc. Time made up on M/way at 90mph on cruise. return trip Ave 31 mpg. Cant grumble at that :)

Did 200 miles only using 1/2 tank. Average speed was 90. Had to slow down due to torrential rain :whistle2:

I only just done a journey in mine with mostly driving to and from work at boring 40 mph speed camera routes. Did 310 miles before I filled up and put about 51 litres in it. Worked out overall at around 27.95 mpg over the whole tank full. I was a bit disappointed tbh BUT like I say the "long run" only equated to 100 miles of the whole tank full and I never thought to check the DIS for that journey's mpg. LOL
I would like to hope it was over 30 mpg especially when it cost me £69 in V-Power to fill up with! Haha.

Only seen more than 300 once, and that was down to Glasgow and back. Usually closer to 200, usually just in-town and giving it "note" in 1st/2nd.

dont have the s3 2.0T remap stg 1 260 pure town miles and mostly boring 1`s at tht

So far 290-315. Fuelled on Sainsburys higher octane fuel whatever that is called.

I get about 300-450 in the city (KM's here.. no miles for Aussies lol).

500-800 on the freeway depending where im going to (Based on hills/to straight run)

I get about 300-450 in the city (KM's here.. no miles for Aussies lol).

500-800 on the freeway depending where im going to (Based on hills/to straight run)

800km a tank in an S3? I doubt it.

With normal driving you get far better mpg with tuned car,
but when you put your foot down,well that's a different story :whistle2:

Remap = more use of the mid-range torque rather than the fuel-guzzling top end revs for normal driving.

As mentioned, once you give it the beans then you're in the fuel-guzzle range whatever you do.