How much was your last MOT?

mattoo

Reaction score
Yay! That's me with another year of MOT.
This morning the car was picked up then checked over, fixed and brought back to me this afternoon with a new certificate.
A number plate light and front brake pads were changed.
The price including the MOT test and parts was £178..

Now I'm not complaining, just wondering how others fare..

50 quid. All i had to do was turn up for my paperwork ;)

45 Qiud mate, first since i bought the car so over the moon.

Always that niggling doubt you have bought a shed!!!!

£178 for exactly same as stuff as for my last MOT, but I got charged £265 for front disc and pads and bulb for number plate and the mot. Feel like I've had my trousers down.

Mine cost me loads, cant remember exact cost of parts but it failed on rear lower shock bush so I got 2 OEM rear shocks as bush not available seperately, also needed front strutt top mounts and a steering rack gaiter. All replaced with OEM as my local stealer gives me discount. Think the shocks were £66 each and few quid for mounts and gaiter. Only 60000 miles on car so probably all original.

50 quid. All i had to do was turn up for my paperwork ;)

not really a good thing to brag about on an open forum, it's nobs like your mot tester that make vosa keep an eye on the rest of us who are genuine testers.

I get mine for free and i tend to test my own cars as it's a good chance to get a proper look round them to make sure all is well.

I guess the issue is that some people see the yearly "MOT" as the only time that work gets done on the car, they drive it for a year, then put it in for an MOT, service and whatever repair work thats required, and thus expect a big bill every time.

However i maintain my car year round, if there was something on the car that would fail the MOT, it'd be fixed as soon as it was noticed, and i always give the car a good going over before the test to ensure it doesnt fail.

I've NEVER had a car of my own fail an MOT.

i had mine 1 week today, had a tear on my front drivers side tire so brought 2 new firestones for the front of the car before the mot (£130 each) and brought a new wind screen due to mine being cracked in several places (£156) then it flew through the mot, no problems what so ever, was quite happy with that :)

we get one free one at work then £25 after that.

as a tester myself our boss does them..... and as i always own sheds they never pass first time!