How quick is the wireless charger

maw444

Reaction score
Has anyone else got the Audi Phone Box on their car? I have an Samsung S10, and I find that it charges very slowly. It added 3% to the battery in an hour.
I know wireless charging is slow but... PS I have an USB Memory Stick plugged into one of the USB ports as well - could that be drawing out too much current?

Reactions: RS3 S.
i have an iphone 11 and mine charges a couple of percent an hour when using wireless carplay. a fair bit faster when connected over normal Bluetooth

The only thing my wireless charger is quick at is heating up your iPhone and shutting it down. I never had this problem with previous A6 just this S3. It's going in for a service on Thursday and they have been asked to look at it but I am sure they will tell me there is nothing wrong with it. We will see.

Guess it's a 5-7 watt wireless charging. If you plug it into the wire, it goes at 12watt (or around 2.1A).

I was disappointed with mine - phone often overheated.

Slow speeds - not worth the option extra price

Reactions: Superdoug
I had it in my previous car, only tested it few times and considered it useless. It seemed to only load for a short period, at least the symbol disappeared from the screen shortly after putting the phone in it. Maybe the phone cover affected there, but since I didn't have wireless CarPlay by then, I had to use the cable anyways so I didn't examine the wirelsess charging further.

It wasn't available when I ordered my current car, so now I don't have it. I think it should rather maintain the battery level and not really charge it, when using the wireless connection. Now I have to plug the cable often for charging, as the wireless connection seems to be quite a heavy battery user. Maybe the wireless charger would be more useful now.