HOW-TO: A3/S3 8v keyless entry on all four doors

ReinoutX

Reaction score
When I brought home my 2014 Audi s3 8v, I was quickly annoyed by the fact that the keyless entry only works on the front doors and bootlid. I have gotten used to keyless on all four doors with my Evoque. Time to find out if it could be done on a a3.

I bought a set of 4 door handles from a car breaker. 2 of them had the sensor inside
ImageHere's the black donor door handle
ImageSensor removed
ImageSensor transferred to my Daytona grey rear door handle

ImageRemoved the door card

ImageRemoved the B pillar trim to separate the connector coming from the door to the chassis
ImageDrilled out two free holes to accommodate the new wire. Another way is to order the pins and sockets from Audi
ImageClipped off the connector from the sensor
ImageSoldered the new wire to the sensor
ImageRouted the wire through the rear door, making sure it wouldn't snag the window when it is lowered. Fastened with zip ties
ImageRouting the wire from the b pillar forwards
ImageI didn't want to route the cable to the front door, so I followed the wire from the sensor to the footwell. In my case it was the YELLOW-GREY wire. This is used for the + wire from the sensor.
ImageIt was on PIN number 9.

ImageGround points for the GND wire from the sensor
Image + wire soldered to the yellow grey wire , everything put back and wire routed and fixed

Now put everything back together and erase any faults with VCDS. Usually a fault appears when the start button is pressed when the door connector is detached.
Now you have working keyless on all four doors! What you have basically done is wire in a second sensor parallel to the one in the front door.

Last edited:
Can you explain which pin is the positive and the ground?
NIce info about installation