Facelift How to Access Apple Car Play on my new 8V

Sorry no. You would need to retrofit a second generation media system or install an apple CarPlay box to your car.
I tried these steps on obd eleven and i got errors on Apple_DIO_Wireless and wlan 5ghz switch and error is function not available so i thought maybe if i change the usb port then i can do it which option would be more economical you think?

Attachments

• A62C42F7-A6A4-4588-A0FE-3DF7B79E8755.png
    A62C42F7-A6A4-4588-A0FE-3DF7B79E8755.png
    776.8 KB · Views: 156
I tried these steps on obd eleven and i got errors on Apple_DIO_Wireless and wlan 5ghz switch and error is function not available so i thought maybe if i change the usb port then i can do it which option would be more economical you think?
1) coding alone will not activate Audi Smartphone Interface
2) you have an MIB 1 Media System which is not compatible with Audi Smartphone Interface

You need to retrofit and MIB2 or install an Apple CarPlay box from eBay / Aliexpress

EDIT:

Actually looking at your USB port you might have an MIB2. Its a faceplate I have not seen before. Do you have a facelift A3? If you could post a photo of your current software version I can advise further.

Can you recommend me an apple carplay box as mib 2 is really pricey in my country

Can you recommend me an apple carplay box as mib 2 is really pricey in my country
edit from my post above:

Actually looking at your USB port you might have an MIB2. Its a faceplate I have not seen before. Do you have a facelift A3? If you could post a photo of your current software version I can advise further.

Reactions: batu
edit from my post above:

Yes i got a facelift version

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
edit from my post above:

Attachments

• 59559819-2795-4B54-B935-A410588F8D5B.jpeg
    59559819-2795-4B54-B935-A410588F8D5B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • 3B6BBC0E-E41E-4238-8BB6-9E7C0F906D6D.jpeg
    3B6BBC0E-E41E-4238-8BB6-9E7C0F906D6D.jpeg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 195DFA4B-0DAB-4199-AC89-A8D4154196FB.jpeg
    195DFA4B-0DAB-4199-AC89-A8D4154196FB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: pixi
MIB2 for sure, but never seen one with charge only USB ports. I would need a VIN number to check further. PM me if you like.
I couldnt figure out pm ing can you pm me instead?

so, looking at your VIN I can see that you have an MIB2 standard media unit. While this is an MIB2 it does not support Audi Smartphone Interface so you would need to 1) retrofit an MIB2 HS or MIB2 High or 2) install an Apple CarPlay box from eBay / Aliexpress etc

Reactions: batu
so, looking at your VIN I can see that you have an MIB2 standard media unit. While this is an MIB2 it does not support Audi Smartphone Interface so you would need to 1) retrofit an MIB2 HS or MIB2 High or 2) install an Apple CarPlay box from eBay / Aliexpress etc
Is retro fitting as simple as changing the mib unit or does it involve any extensive work and also do you where i can get a mib unit for cheap that ships internationaly and any suggestions for carplaybox? Dont worry i wont hold you responsible for anything i would as those are my actions and not yours

Is retro fitting as simple as changing the mib unit or does it involve any extensive work and also do you where i can get a mib unit for cheap that ships internationaly and any suggestions for carplaybox? Dont worry i wont hold you responsible for anything i would as those are my actions and not yours
Retrofitting MIB2 HS or HIGH will need the assistance of someone who knows what they are doing in order to correctly code to your car and fully activate. I would see the assistance of a local retrofitter for this.

as for CarPlay box, I don’t supply these so I would be the same as anyone else when searching. They are all pretty much the same, example:

£150.36 48% Off | 2020 Wireless Apple CarPlay for Audi A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q2 Q3 Q5 Q7 MMI Car Play Android Auto Mirror Reverse Camera

Retrofitting MIB2 HS or HIGH will need the assistance of someone who knows what they are doing in order to correctly code to your car and fully activate. I would see the assistance of a local retrofitter for this.

as for CarPlay box, I don’t supply these so I would be the same as anyone else when searching. They are all pretty much the same, example:

£150.36 48% Off | 2020 Wireless Apple CarPlay for Audi A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q2 Q3 Q5 Q7 MMI Car Play Android Auto Mirror Reverse Camera
Well i cant afford any of those (my grandpa got me the car and he would refuse to pay for those) i guess im out of luck thanks anyway

Hello! I am just gonna retrofit Mib2 high from Mib2 std (mmi radio plus). Can you pm me, I have question about couple part numbers. Cheers!

Is Apple car play/Android Auto standard on all facelift 8V A3s? It's been interesting reading all the comments on it as coming from my current car of not even having Bluetooth, it felt quite desirable!
I'm looking to get a used 8V facelift, so researching on what is standard and what is not is quite challenging depending on what you see listed on Audi approved Used or Autotrader.