How to activate DRLs for CH/LH

Igoaam

Reaction score
Hi ive seen this video on youtube where some guy is showing his CH/LH lighs and his DRLs and fog lights only come on and not his whole head light like mine does. How can i change mine so only drls and fog lights come on when CH/LH is activated?
If theres a way to do it on the VCDS, can someone please tell me how. Thanks

This is the youtube video i watched:

Should be in here somewhere. Google is your friend.

Should be in here somewhere. Google is your friend.
Yh ive tried searching but nothing about making the drl turn on only just the whole headlight. I was hoping someone here might have the answer to it.

It is a BCM feature, earlier cars have CECM. I have a TT which made the switch in 2009/2010, not sure about the A3 but I imagine it is similar. If you can give the part number of you module 09 I can confirm

It is a BCM feature, earlier cars have CECM. I have a TT which made the switch in 2009/2010, not sure about the A3 but I imagine it is similar. If you can give the part number of you module 09 I can confirm
I believe i have a CECM, my part no for my module is 8p0907279. If it is a CECM is ot not possible to get this feature?

I've hunted for this feature as well on my 2009 A3 that also had CECM. It just wasn't possible to code it. With S3 2010 that has BCM it was just a matter of a few clicks to code it.

Yes I am afraid it isn't possible on the CECM (which is what your part number is)

I've hunted for this feature as well on my 2009 A3 that also had CECM. It just wasn't possible to code it. With S3 2010 that has BCM it was just a matter of a few clicks to code it.
Yes I am afraid it isn't possible on the CECM (which is what your part number is)
Is it possible to swap cecm for a bcm? Is this something that would be possible? Is it easy or not worth the hassle?

Is it possible to swap cecm for a bcm? Is this something that would be possible? Is it easy or not worth the hassle?
Yes, I actually did it on my TT. But it is ~100 pins swaps and relay changes, certainly not easy!

Yes, I actually did it on my TT. But it is ~100 pins swaps and relay changes, certainly not easy!
Ah ok, doesnt sound like its worth the hassle for just activating the drl for CH/LH. Guess ill just have to be happy with the way it is. Thank for your help.

Reactions: MT-V6
I've got 2009 S3, could you share how to program it?

Same question applies, what module 09 do you have?

Reactions: theViTALiTY
That's not a BCM, see my answer to the other poster above. BCMs end with 063 FYI