How to clear the inspection due message

AudiUser01

Reaction score
I use a local independent mechanic who I've gone to for numerous years who I trust. Everything and then some is in top form and all relevant checks from the service book have been carried out.

I can reset the oil change reminder but I can't reset the inspection due message.
Does anyone know how I can achieve this? Can these ODB11 dongle things do it

I really don't want the hassle of having to go to Audi main dealer just to pay them to turn this message off.

Thanks in advance.

Can't remember exactly but it can be done using VCDS. I've seen it on you tube.

Reactions: AudiUser01
Get yourself Carista OBD device off Amazon. OBD Eleven will also do the trick.

Personally, Carista is cheaper and has a greater number of mods (for me for the 2020MY A5) whereas OBD Eleven having used it for a few years as rude and delayed tech support from the guy who developed it and is more expensive. Carista is cheaper, more mods, and tech support within hours.

Essentially both will do what you want

Reactions: AudiUser01
Get yourself Carista OBD device off Amazon. OBD Eleven will also do the trick.

Personally, Carista is cheaper and has a greater number of mods (for me for the 2020MY A5) whereas OBD Eleven having used it for a few years as rude and delayed tech support from the guy who developed it and is more expensive. Carista is cheaper, more mods, and tech support within hours.

Essentially both will do what you want

Thanks for the tip off on Carista. I hadn't heard of that one and for the price and your recommendation I've just ordered one arriving Saturday. :icon thumright:

Reactions: HMG1K
Sooopa! You also get 30 days free and full access to all parts of the app to add and change features - and back again. Then you need to pay. But in all honesty once you have modded you don't need to do any more changes. And the additional cost is tiny for what you may want to do later in a year or two