How to get 1.9 tdi AVF engine to work with the EYJ tiptronic gearbox?

Arnulv Bertelsen

Reaction score
Hi all! I really need some help. I have mounted a 1.9 tdi AVF engine (from a Passat with EYF tiptronic fwd gearbox) into my 2001 Allroad 2.5v6 tdi with the 5spd quattro tiptronic still in the car. Engine runs great, so no problem in that area. The big problem is the tiptronic gearbox. It doesn't behave at all! VCDS scan shows 17116/7/8 Incorrect ratio gear 2,3,4,5. When I used the original (allroad) TCU, I got a faultcode that stated that engine and transmission was incompatible. So I changed to the TCU from the EYF tiptronic fwd gearbox. It worked out a little bit better, but throws the gear ratio fault codes.
I found a shop in Poland that has done this swap, but they don't answer my mail. The shop shows photos of mods to the flywheel. It's a combination of the v6 tdi outer ring, and the flexplate from the 1.9 tdi engine. Is this mod to the flywheel necessary? Do I have to have dual CPS setup? Please help me out.

So the big question is... How to make the 1.9 tdi AVF engine work with the EYJ tiptronic gearbox?