HOW TO GUIDE – MTM M-Cantronic Tuning Box Fitting / installation guide – S3 8V model

jungle650

Reaction score
HOW TO GUIDE – MTM M-Cantronic Tuning Box Fitting / installation guide – S3 8V model.

** THIS IS NOT AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL BUT A ROUGH GUIDE TO COMPLIMENT THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT MTM PROVIDE. IF YOU INSTALL YOURSELF FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK. **

There has been a lot of talk on the forum concerning tuning of the S3 8V model and the pros and cons etc. This rough guide is not stating that the MTM box is better than any other option it’s simply one of the many routes that are available should you wish to add performance to your car. As part of that process some people consider the MTM tuning box. This product is however at the premium end of the price spectrum for the tuning box solutions, so what does your money buy?

Unlike other boxes, the MTM tuning box is fitted in line between the factory ECU and engine via the Can Bus system. It remaps the fuelling, ignition timing and boost pressure protocols. The M-Cantronic module increases performance and torque and reduces fuel consumption with an unchanged driving style. ( Other brand boxes dramatically change the character of the car, which some will deem as a pro or a con dependent upon personal taste ). The box comes with Audi heritage with the companies’ owner Roland Meyer having long historical links with Audi, having worked on the original Quattro turbo cars and tweaking Audi products since 1990 under the MTM brand. The MTM tuning box overall feels like a quality item with BOSCH OEM style connectors which are easy to install onto a car. The final point and for some the most important is that MTM are so confident in their product that they also offer a separate drive train warranty policy should Audi not honor the factory one.

Like others boxes, it of course offers performance gains whilst providing the ability to put the car back to stock for servicing and warranty work. In the case of the MTM box this process can be completed within minutes, which is a major advantage over other options which require owners to reach under the engine.

I noticed that there have been plenty of questions on the forum around the physical fitting of the device and what it actually looks like etc. So I thought I would put together some additional notes with photos and info gathered across the forums on what is involved in fitting the MTM M-Cantronic tuning box and hence people can make their own decision.

Quick points to note:

• The full installation requires very little effort. HOWEVER - All of the DSG cars that I have viewed only have a plastic cradle holding the ECU – i.e. NO CAGE protecting the ECU. However manual cars appear more likely to have a cage fitted. If this is the case, removal of the cage is required to gain easy access to the ports. You may therefore need to factor in the removal and replacement of the sheer head bolts and the purchase of a new cage should you damage it as part of the removal process and want to put a caged car back to stock. This applies to S1, S3 etc.

Thx to #nervous who found the following info:

• ECU Cage item number - 5Q0907411B – Circa £21 ex vat
  • Shear Bolts item number - N91146801 – Circa £1.10 each ex va

• Unlike other turning boxes. The MTM M-Cantronic box can easily be removed at the road side within minutes and in fact without the need to raise the car. For many this seals the deal.
  • It’s been noted that the MTM M-Cantronic box removes the top end 155mph speed limiter. Although you are unlikely to be able to test this unless on the European Autobahn or on a private race track with a very long straight!
Please note that the instructions that come in the box with the MTM M-Cantronic are basic translations from German but are fundamentally all that is required for install. However I wanted to document the process further with the aim that this guide will compliment and sit alongside the MTM instructions so that if you decide to go down this route and install the product yourself or have to remove and refit at a later date you are aware of what you will have to do. The aim here is not to replace them but simply give you a better understanding of what to expect. This is especially true if you purchase a unit from the classified ads in your local country and want to fit it.

MTM quote the following performance enhancements on their website for the European cars:

Stock: 300 PS Tuned: 355 PS

Stock Torque: 380 NM Tuned: 450 NM

Time required for home installation - Allow 10 minutes for 1st installation. Later ones should be between 2 – 5 minutes.

It might seem a little daunting at first removing the CAN Bus connectors but once you familiarize yourself with how they fit and where to place the excess wiring loom, fitting and removal of the device is incredibly easy and very quick. Of course if you purchase the MTM box new from a registered MTM dealer and they can install the device for you, the overall experience probably will include a dyno run, and scan of your car and a lot more hand holding. They say to allow 1.5 hours for this dealer process.

So here we go…..

What’s in the box that you receive?

1 X Translated instructions from German to English with black & white photos for reference.
1 X MTM M-Cantronic tuning box, complete with heavy duty OEM feeling wiring loom – The actual tuning box is small in size about 7 X 2 inches ( 5cm X 18cm ) in length.
2 X Double sided sticky strips for mounting the box.
1 X MTM Badge to place on the back of the car etc.

Tools / Items needed for the job:

• Presuming you do not need to remove a cage , then basically nothing, although a can of WD40 used very sparingly might come in useful if the connectors are a little tight to remove.

Things to consider:

Ensure the engine is switched off and the keys are not in the ignition. Wait Approx 5 mins to ensure all systems are fully shut down.

Fitting Details: - these presume you do not have the ECU cage to remove, or have already done so.

1) How to remove ECU from plastic cradle – Place your fingers over the edge of the top of the cradle and your thumbs on the back side of the curved part of the plastic cradle. Gently lever the plastic top edge of the cradle by bringing your fingers up whilst applying mild pressure to the back of the cradle with your thumbs. You can then start to slide the ECU unit out from cradle and then when partly out gently start to raise the ECU unit so that it completely frees the cradle. Take care with all of the connections and do not rush it. The first time you do this the wiring loom maybe very stiff. Also note which side you see facing you as you pull the ECU unit out of the cradle. It will only fit back in one way.

2) Removing existing CAN Bus connections – There are 2 connectors which are fitted to the ECU. In order to remove each one you need to pull the lever gently upwards. DO NOT FORCE THE CONNECTOR OFF. See Fig 1 below - As you pull the lever upwards and across the connector will automatically free itself from the unit. You may find that the lever is stiff first of all. Just close it down and gentle lift it up a few times slowly increasing how far you lift it up and across each time to free the mechanism. This is also where the can of WD40 used sparingly might come in handy. Fig 2 - By lifting up the lever you are releasing the locking mechanism which locks the connector in place on each plug. You will see it slide out from the side as you lift the lever. If you do not pull the lever in Fig 1 all the way up and across to its furthest position you will not release every one of the mini sliding locks and you risk damaging the unit / plug.

3) ECU Removal – Once you have taken both of the original connectors from the cars wiring loom out from the ECU you can safely place the ECU to one side. It should look something like this: NOTE that each side has a different set of pins therefore you have to marry the correct side up to each plug connector. In the picture below you can just make out the extra set of pins on the left hand connector ( right side of the left connector ).

The following picture shows the differences in each of the plugs that you have to marry up to the correct side on the ECU. When you come to fit, it’s pretty obvious.

4) Connect MTM loom to original wiring loom: You now have to connect the cars original wiring loom to the MTM female loom. Make sure you marry up the correct connector for each side. This should be pretty obvious. Gently place each connector into the correct slot. Then simply move the lever gently down into position. As you move the lever you will see the locking mechanism slide back in from the side and the connector drop down into the locked position.

5) Connect MTM loom to the ECU: Now with your ECU safely sitting to one side connect the MTM connectors to it. Just as above. To insert the connectors simply line them up ( making sure you have the correct side seated ) then move the lever gently down into position. As you move the lever you will see the locking mechanism slide back in from the side and the connector drop down into the locked position. DO NOT FORCE. Your wiring should now basically look like this:

6) Re-Sit ECU – You now need to re-sit the ECU back into the plastic cradle. In order to do this you have to ensure that the cars original wiring loom is gently moved as far out of the way as possible. You will probably need to hold it out of the way as you line up the ECU into the plastic cradle. You will have to slot it back in reverse order to how it was removed. I.e. at an angle then slowly lowered & slid back in. The finishing touch is to gently pry the cradle into the locked position over the top of the ECU.

7) Tidy Cables - Now that the ECU is seated and locked into place you can gently push the cables into the spare space between the back of the light and the inside of the wing. If you want to make a neater flush job you might want to consider slacking off the air filter so that you can hide some of the excess cable under / around it. CAUTION: - Be careful of the small connector / relay that is on a flimsy bracket off the back of the headlight when pushing the excess MTM cabling into place. You can now slip the MTM M-Cantronic box in between the air box and battery. When finished your install should look something like this.

You may want to place some electrical tape / covering over the few exposed wires to protect from water ingress or external contamination. Example below.

8) You should be ready to go ! Once the box is installed there is no further adjustment. All calculations are carried out by the device in line with the ECU. There are no program adjustments available on the box as to the consumer it is a sealed device.

REMOVAL OF BOX. – This is simple, just reverse the above order. Should take you 2 – 5 minutes to put a car back to stock / standard form.

Final Notes:

1) Don’t forget the car should be run on 97 unleaded or better fuel not standard 95 unleaded for best performance once the box is fitted. This is basically the same/true as stock really.

2) Make sure you add the MTM box to your insurance. Obviously each insurance company and each person’s situation will be different.

3) Forums state that it is advisable to remove the box and wiring before any warranty/service work to avoid the TD1 flag issue which has become more prominent since March 2015. If you leave the device attached you do so at your own risk. (No users/ forums have so far reported a TD1 flag with the box etc fully removed from car)

And finally and most importantly after a safe install …. Enjoy your S3 and the improved performance the MTM M-Cantronic box offers!

Last edited:
Reactions: nervus, vacant, Paulmichelle and 9 others
The most important question now, when are you going to give us a write up of the FSR+ v MTM comparison, pros cons etc. ;). You're in the fairly unique position of having owned both on the same car!!

Reactions: lucas-suisse
The most important question now, when are you going to give us a write up of the FSR+ v MTM comparison, pros cons etc. ;). You're in the fairly unique position of having owned both on the same car!!

I know. I will be completing a write up over the next week or so. Want to give each a very fair appraisal and then will report back.

Watch this space !

Reactions: veeeight
Excellent write up. Very comprehensive guide. Thanks for sharing your info with the members of the forum :) x

Reactions: pburv
I have just received my mtm cantronic today , have taken the ECU out removed all connections. Now I have attached the mtm female loom to the ECU I am now unable to release the lever on the bosch connector to remove it again despite using lubricants. Anyone able to help me on this ?

Had mine on and off plenty of times with no issues or brute force required. If you push the locking tab in then the lever should just pull up and disconnect the plug at the same time. Are you sure you haven't pushed the loom in wrong to begin with?

Had mine on and off plenty of times with no issues or brute force required. If you push the locking tab in then the lever should just pull up and disconnect the plug at the same time. Are you sure you haven't pushed the loom in wrong to begin with?

Nope looms fine car runs perfectly without warning lights and is noticeably quicker. However that Bosch connector is stuck tight. Is it possible air could have gone into which is trapped and preventing it from unlocking?,

It should not be stuck. Things can be a little stiff / tight the first time round but it should release.

Wait for the car to cool down - ie 3-4 hours.
That way the plastic connector will be at its normal state, temp wise.

DO NOT use brute force. It should release.

When you left and pull back the lever, ( as seen in Step 2 of guide ) can you see the teeth moving on the side of the connector , ie trying to release? If you can this is good. The connector will not dissenage until the lever is fully over.

If the lever does not move at all then try lifting and pulling it slightly away from the connector as you pull the lever up over itself.

DO NOT use brute force. If things do not release walk away from the car and return later if you can rather than forcing things and breaking the connectors / pins.

Jungle

Reactions: ASRman
It should not be stuck. Things can be a little stiff / tight the first time round but it should release.

Wait for the car to cool down - ie 3-4 hours.
That way the plastic connector will be at its normal state, temp wise.

DO NOT use brute force. It should release.

When you left and pull back the lever, ( as seen in Step 2 of guide ) can you see the teeth moving on the side of the connector , ie trying to release? If you can this is good. The connector will not dissenage until the lever is fully over.

If the lever does not move at all then try lifting and pulling it slightly away from the connector as you pull the lever up over itself.

DO NOT use brute force. If things do not release walk away from the car and return later if you can rather than forcing things and breaking the connectors / pins.

Jungle

Hi Jungle many thanks for replying

I can see the teeth moving on the side of the connector yes. It is strange because when I attached the first connector I realised it was not going to come off, then attached the second connection and it was the same deal. The connections to the OEM loom works perfectly and is very easy to lock and release. I am starting to think either some air has gotten in there somehow or perhaps a faulty Bosch connector ?

The lever itself moves fine and can see the connectors starting to lift but then the lever is not willing to move any further to the final unlock position therefore leaving the connectors stuck tight to the ECU.

Have tried again with WD40 and wriggling around with no luck unfortunately. If it's a fault connector will have to see qst are able to somehow get the thing off and offer a replacement. Not the best feeling in the world to know when you've just spent £1400!!

Last edited:
Hi Jungle many thanks for replying

I can see the teeth moving on the side of the connector yes.

Have tried again with WD40 and wriggling around with no luck unfortunately. If it's a fault connector will have to see qst are able to somehow get the thing off and offer a replacement. Not the best feeling in the world to know when you've just spent £1400!!

Sorry to hear you could not resolve. Atleast the connector is moving and not fully stuck, just not releasing.

If you bought direct from MTM / QST you should probably go back and visit them. You do not want to break the connector as it should disengage relatively easy. The Canbus loom is a pretty expensive bit of cable, so you dont want to be forcing anything.

They can show you the correct method ( if you are doing something wrong? ) and if there is a problem unique with the loom connector on your kit, obviously fix fhat for you.

Its certainly an unusual issue you have.

Sorry to hear you could not resolve. Atleast the connector is moving and not fully stuck, just not releasing.

If you bought direct from MTM / QST you should probably go back and visit them. You do not want to break the connector as it should disengage relatively easy. The Canbus loom is a pretty expensive bit of cable, so you dont want to be forcing anything.

They can show you the correct method ( if you are doing something wrong? ) and if there is a problem unique with the loom connector on your kit, obviously fix fhat for you.

Its certainly an unusual issue you have.

Thanks for the response jungle.

Have beat you to it re going down to qst have just got back from their shop now. Kim sorted it within seconds the connector was unusually stiff and I was not willing to use that level of force on it on my own as didn't want to risk snapping the lever. I think driving the car down there however may have helped things and allowed the plastic parts to expand slightly. Either way it's sorted now and I know how to remove it :) many thanks again

As for the results, the car feels much more brutal than before and I can easily see where mtm get their 360hp figure from if anything feels even stronger than that !

Reactions: batch and jungle650
Thanks for the response jungle.

Have beat you to it re going down to qst have just got back from their shop now. Kim sorted it within seconds the connector was unusually stiff and I was not willing to use that level of force on it on my own as didn't want to risk snapping the lever. I think driving the car down there however may have helped things and allowed the plastic parts to expand slightly. Either way it's sorted now and I know how to remove it :) many thanks again

As for the results, the car feels much more brutal than before and I can easily see where mtm get their 360hp figure from if anything feels even stronger than that !

Good to hear its sorted and welcome to the MTM club.

Reactions: batch
Jungle, great guide. Helped me loads.
Just a quick heads up for folk fitting it to facelift cars. The connectors on ecu side from the mtm box is at right angles and not straight, like the above pics, would have been better being straight. Also not sure if it’s the LED headlights but the back of the headlight is a lot bigger so very very limited space and the original wiring loom was very short. Could be my fat hands that’s making it difficult though.
I couldn’t get mine in so removed the lot and gonna start again tomorrow and maybe remove air box and see if it gives me a little more wiggle room. Will post some pics tomorrow.
Any of you guys will facelifts got any tips.

Reactions: jungle650
You are welcome.

The wires will be a lot more flexible once moved around a few times. The original loom feels short but does free up a little. Atleast mine did once it was moved about a bit. Removing the air box is not essential but does give the option to really tidy up the MTM wiring. Down side is you have to repeat if you want to disconnect. QST often do this to make for a very tody install.

I had the LED lights in my PFL car when fitting so should be sinilar. I found there was a suitable gap around the back of the light inbetween the air box and rear of the light cluster. I also tucked wiring in front of the fusee box / ECU area. You will find all sorts of gaps to pushthe thick Canbus wiring into. Just be careful of the cars existing cabling.

I promise you it will free up a little.

Good job and hope u enjoy.

Regds
Jungle

Reactions: T-800 and AlS3BE
You are welcome.

The wires will be a lot more flexible once moved around a few times. The original loom feels short but does free up a little. Atleast mine did once it was moved about a bit. Removing the air box is not essential but does give the option to really tidy up the MTM wiring. Down side is you have to repeat if you want to disconnect. QST often do this to make for a very tody install.

I had the LED lights in my PFL car when fitting so should be sinilar. I found there was a suitable gap around the back of the light inbetween the air box and rear of the light cluster. I also tucked wiring in front of the fusee box / ECU area. You will find all sorts of gaps to pushthe thick Canbus wiring into. Just be careful of the cars existing cabling.

I promise you it will free up a little.

Good job and hope u enjoy.

Regds
Jungle

I can see suitable gaps but it was the right angle connectors on the ecu that was giving me grief as I could not use the space behind fuse box effectively and my chunky hands and fingers just couldn’t squeeze in.

Space is a bit tighter in the FL vehicles, especially if you have the Generation 2 MTM box. This was what my engine bay looked like yesterday while I was putting it back together after retrofitting Hill Hold Assist. Is next to no space between the passenger side lighting cluster and the ECU in which to tuck everything.

55751497650  CA16569B 1827 496C BDF2 F29E928D50CA IMG 1342 IMG 1344

Reactions: AlS3BE and jungle650
Space is a bit tighter in the FL vehicles, especially if you have the Generation 2 MTM box. This was what my engine bay looked like yesterday while I was putting it back together after retrofitting Hill Hold Assist. Is next to no space between the passenger side lighting cluster and the ECU in which to tuck everything.

View attachment 164389 View attachment 164390 View attachment 164391

I’m a bit curious on your setup.
I’m assuming the red thing in the red circle is your mtm chip.
What’s that thing on your airbox I’ve circled in blue? Didn’t think there was that much clearance for the bonnet.
And the extra wiring harness in the green circle?

Attachments

• 885049FF-5F44-4313-B05E-EE8029CC21C7.jpeg
    885049FF-5F44-4313-B05E-EE8029CC21C7.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 550
Morning.

The Blue Circle = MTM Gen 2 box ( now larger size and in silver due to different chipset etc. Its now designed to be mounted onto the Airbox lid using 2 or more of the airbox screws. This is similar now to the way the ABT offering is mounted )

The Green Circle = MTM Canbus Wiring harness.

The Red Circle = Tucked MTM Canbus wiring harness connectors which connect to original cars harness / ECU connectors.

You will be surprised how much clearance there is to the bonnet. Do not be overly concerned by some wiring standing proud of the headlight height. As you lower the bonnet you will be able to see that they will clear or if you have any issues.

Rgds
Jungle

Reactions: AlS3BE
Morning.

The Blue Circle = MTM Gen 2 box ( now larger size and in silver due to different chipset etc. Its now designed to be mounted onto the Airbox lid using 2 or more of the airbox screws. This is similar now to the way the ABT offering is mounted )

The Green Circle = MTM Canbus Wiring harness.

The Red Circle = Tucked MTM Canbus wiring harness connectors which connect to original cars harness / ECU connectors.

You will be surprised how much clearance there is to the bonnet. Do not be overly concerned by some wiring standing proud of the headlight height. As you lower the bonnet you will be able to see that they will clear or if you have any issues.

Rgds
Jungle
Mr Jungle is spot on there :)

Due to the lack of space in the 2.0 TFSI engine bay (MY17), I could not give a monkeys about my warranty and my mods are insurance declared, I have chosen to mount the unit with the supplied brackets. There is a very very slight impression from the unit in the sound proofing, showing that there is a good couple of inches between the airbox and the bonnet.

More images of the gen 2 which is same principal as the gen 1 box (black, sliver and red) with the same wiring harness:

IMG 3068 IMG 3070 IMG 3071 IMG 3073

Reactions: AlS3BE and NevMan
It does look so much neater with it bolted on the airbox. Might need to make a small bracket to hold down the mtm box. Just need longer cables to make it a bit neater.

On the red MTM unit you have, a good solution is to use heavy duty double sided velcro and attach it to the top of the battery cover ( presuming you have one! ). It keeps it in place very well, and still enables quick removal. My unit was metal. Think the newer units are red plastic, but will still work just fine.

Works well and made for a neat solution on mine.

25249EF9 F7E5 48CB 981F ADE764007947

EE71213F 859D 4F82 9192 6B9E3CF898BA

Reactions: Jimbob76, DJAlix, NevMan and 1 other person
Love the looks of that revo air box.
On my car there is no fabric cover on the top of the battery like yours. Just around the sides.
I was going to Velcro/double sided tape mine to the back of the air box as it slots there quite easily.
Waiting for the rain to stop before I go out and start messing about.

Love the looks of that revo air box.
On my car there is no fabric cover on the top of the battery like yours. Just around the sides.
I was going to Velcro/double sided tape mine to the back of the air box as it slots there quite easily.
Waiting for the rain to stop before I go out and start messing about.
The Gen 1, and JB4 for that matter, is often velcro'd to the top of the ECU mounting bracket, another option for you...

IMG 1344

Reactions: jungle650 and AlS3BE
See attached for my poor attempt at illustrating how I felt the MTM was best fitted into my car previously. The two fat red lines indicate where each seperate loom should be directed. The space nearer to the ECU (top red line) goes down quite deep so its a good place to push the loom into as it then allows the MTM connector to line up nicely to plug into the ECU. Routing the loom this way in my car there is minimal tight twists or bends in the loom and I didn't feel there was any need to remove the airbox. Great info above Jungle has already saved my life on a couple of occasions. Looking forward to hearing your initial impressions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-145736.png
    Screenshot_20180903-145736.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 528
Reactions: AlS3BE
See attached for my poor attempt at illustrating how I felt the MTM was best fitted into my car previously. The two fat red lines indicate where each seperate loom should be directed. The space nearer to the ECU (top red line) goes down quite deep so its a good place to push the loom into as it then allows the MTM connector to line up nicely to plug into the ECU. Routing the loom this way in my car there is minimal tight twists or bends in the loom and I didn't feel there was any need to remove the airbox. Great info above Jungle has already saved my life on a couple of occasions. Looking forward to hearing your initial impressions.
When mine was installed for testing it was very similar to this, and nothing wrong with this at all. I would suggest however that some shielding / protection is added to the area highlighted in the attached photo in order to prevent breakage to the loom. I was looking at getting so silicone hose, cutting off a short piece and slipping it over the metal edge for protection.

IMG 1451

Reactions: AlS3BE and ASRman

Think it must be my chubby hands. Can’t quite get it to look like that and don’t want a big dent in my bonnet. Will try again when the rain lets go

Reactions: NevMan and ASRman
When mine was installed for testing it was very similar to this, and nothing wrong with this at all. I would suggest however that some shielding / protection is added to the area highlighted in the attached photo in order to prevent breakage to the loom. I was looking at getting so silicone hose, cutting off a short piece and slipping it over the metal edge for protection.

View attachment 164469

Good shout DJAlix yes I did notice that area you have indicated can have a tendency to rub against the loom if not careful, think a silicone hose or even a wire sleeve for the MTM loom as additional protection would certainly help.

I've always interested in the MTM solution, and the Gen 2 looks great just like the ABT, I remember someone wrote a comparison for DTUK and MTM several years ago, but has anyone done any comparison for JB4 and MTM? What made you guys decided on the MTM than JB4? Thanks!

I've always interested in the MTM solution, and the Gen 2 looks great just like the ABT, I remember someone wrote a comparison for DTUK and MTM several years ago, but has anyone done any comparison for JB4 and MTM? What made you guys decided on the MTM than JB4? Thanks!

For me originally was ease of installation.
Unplug ecu and plug in mtm in the middle.
Some of the other ones I’ve seen you need to plug into the sensors and the boost sensor I think is underneath the car so not easily removed and a pain to fit.

Reactions: NevMan
And I bought Jungles and am happy with it :) very easy to install, although just got to put the wiring somewhere. But its still extremely simple to do... and if I can do it, anyone can :D

1. MTM tuning history with Audi Quattro spanning almost 30 years.

2. Installation within minutes.

3. Speed limiter removal, canbus connection allowing access to a range of parameters. Far more advanced than generic boxes .

4. Power restriction as built in safety feature until correct oil temperature is reached.

5. Similar performance to most stage 1 maps.

6. Power delivery as smooth as OEM.

7. Will not flag TD1 (i have asked my dealer about this) should that is something you are concerned about.

Basically I looked at the available tuning box solutions as follows:
  • DTUK = Good price point but issue prone at the time.
  • TMC Motorsport = Good price point but did not play well with supporting mods. (had and returned)
  • JB4 = Amazing product and results but way to many settings.
  • MTM = "Set and forget" until you need to remove it.
All of the above bar the MTM have a mess of cables to connect to the needed sensors and power, and depending on your engine you need to lift the vehicle to get to the boost sensor I believe. The MTM is a loom which daisy chains between the ECU and the car, done.

Getting a JB4 would have been hell for my family as I would have been out in the car all the time data logging and tweaking lol. Ultimately I like something that just does what it says on the tin, and is as "set and forget" as possible. Seeing first hand Jungles results with the MTM, and with AJ's results (another MTM forum member) it was a no brainer once a box was finally released for my vehicle.

Reactions: NevMan, jungle650 and AlS3BE
Well got the thing in. A bit of gentle persuasion and checking 1000 times it’s not gonna hit the bonnet.
Got child duties now. Will give it a blast later tonight.
Not the neatest but clears bonnet and secure.

Attachments

• 71FCBA98-9202-4129-BCCF-1E935AEEDA9D.jpeg
    71FCBA98-9202-4129-BCCF-1E935AEEDA9D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 505
Reactions: NevMan, ASRman and jungle650
Looks good to me. It's about how it goes not how it looks! Looking forward to your impressions .

Reactions: oli356 and AlS3BE
Don’t get why mtm made the connectors right angle. If it wasn’t those connectors the block could have slotted behind the fuse box and all the softer flexible cables up front. Not sure how much movement there is when I driving hard with the airbox and other bits. Hope I don’t wear through a cable or something.
Need to get some time and fit it better.