HOW TO GUIDE – MTM M-Cantronic Tuning Box Fitting / installation guide – S3 8V model

Right.
First impression, car pulls harder through the Rev range. On my test track I achieved almost 10mph faster than yesterday without the chip.
This could be in my head or environmental as it cooler and damp today whereas yesterday it was warm and muggy.
Another thing is the exhaust seems to pop more. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

Reactions: ASRman
10 mph faster trap is quite a bit... I would probably put some of that down to the weather.

To me the MTM box felt most difference in gears 3 and 4 compared to the stock midrange which I found somewhat wanting. The extra power is definitely noticeable having ran against a Revo car and there was nothing in it. Get yourself on a Dyno to confirm the results, better yet still, buy yourself a dragy

10 mph faster trap is quite a bit... I would probably put some of that down to the weather.

To me the MTM box felt most difference in gears 3 and 4 compared to the stock midrange which I found somewhat wanting. The extra power is definitely noticeable having ran against a Revo car and there was nothing in it. Get yourself on a Dyno to confirm the results, better yet still, buy yourself a dragy
Trying to book myself on dyno. Car is going back to dealer as well for my leaky screenwash so need to remove it for that and see if I can feel it’s slower.

Reactions: NevMan
The MTM I believe needs an adaptation period of between 20-40 miles before full power is achieved. The problem is with MTM is that it is so smooth you don't realise how fast you are going until you look at the Speedo then as you say is a fair bit quicker than stock. For some reason this MTM box gave me an abnormally high torque reading on two seperate dynos of around 380 ft lbs and power of around 360. If the box is working as intended on your car but you wish to reprogram it to produce more power and less torque then this may be something worth exploring as Alex previously did offer to plug mine in to ensure everything was working as it should and reprogram if needed (did not mention any charge for this). After seeing the car produce a 10.7 100-200 time however I didn't feel the need to change a thing with it !

Keep us updated on how you get on with it regardless.

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
The MTM I believe needs an adaptation period of between 20-40 miles before full power is achieved. The problem is with MTM is that it is so smooth you don't realise how fast you are going until you look at the Speedo then as you say is a fair bit quicker than stock. For some reason this MTM box gave me an abnormally high torque reading on two seperate dynos of around 380 ft lbs and power of around 360. If the box is working as intended on your car but you wish to reprogram it to produce more power and less torque then this may be something worth exploring as Alex previously did offer to plug mine in to ensure everything was working as it should and reprogram if needed (did not mention any charge for this). After seeing the car produce a 10.7 100-200 time however I didn't feel the need to change a thing with it !

Keep us updated on how you get on with it regardless.

Will post updates when I get to dyno.
Does the mtm reset everytime it’s removed?

Will post updates when I get to dyno.
Does the mtm reset everytime it’s removed?

I believe so yes, at least that's what I noticed on my car. Also remember to let the car go to sleep before removing or else you'll flag up an error on the canbus gateway (seen through OBDeleven).

I believe so yes, at least that's what I noticed on my car. Also remember to let the car go to sleep before removing or else you'll flag up an error on the canbus gateway (seen through OBDeleven).
How can I be sure it’s asleep?
Disconnect battery?
I did notice when I plugged the ecu back in the car came to life with buzzes and clicks.

How can I be sure it’s asleep?
Disconnect battery?
I did notice when I plugged the ecu back in the car came to life with buzzes and clicks.

Open hood lock the car and wait 10 minutes. It will be fast asleep.

Reactions: AlS3BE
When I first put mine on (mine is a 2014 manual) i was a little underwhelmed tbh as didn't really 'feel' a lot of difference.
However, the feel is very deceptive. There is more dump valve 'fast n furious' noise when changing gear at high revs and doesn't run out of puff at the top end quite like it did previously, traction control light is now on more frequently when giving it stick out of 2nd gear roundabouts and from mid range upwards the roll on is stronger.

As others have previously said the delivery is so OE it is very easy to think this is how Audi would have done it but conversely wouldn't appeal to those wanting to feel they are stage1 all the time, the delivery isn't overly aggressive and therefore never feels a real handful unless provoked. My view is that from mid range upwards in 3rd and above is the real benefit which also helps manual clutch life. Simply put the delivery is so smooth and the motor just feels bigger due to the extra torque.

The limiter has been removed (tested in Europe), for a small 3dr hatchback it can cover ground very quickly.

p.s. big thanks to Jungle as both his reviews and installation instructions were invaluable in me doing this.

Reactions: jungle650, NevMan and AlS3BE