How To/Guide Section for each model section

BlueSpark

6th Gear
Reaction score
Hi, i've recently seen lots of knowdledgable people on this forum kind enough to start threads explaining step by step with pictures of how they installed their recent upgrades. I find these very useful, but as they are threads in normal sections they tend to get forgotton or pushed too far back that a search is required to find them. Therefore a Howto/guide section within each model section would be useful to put these sort of threads in and also helpful to new users not needing to start a new thread to find answers.

Any member who believes a thread should be made into a sticky let a moderator know,the forum is all about helping the members and letting useful threads die is not in our interests.
Thanks Ron

I've done it in the B6 section into a sticky titled "DIY Guides and FAQ" - yet it still seems that the majority of people post a thread before searching......

I don't have the knowledge of specific model problems to do it in all the forums though.

Hi Voorhees and quattrojames, thanks for your replies. I've just had a look at the B6 section and quattrojames that is awesome. One simple reference point to look for guides/links to guides. i think something similar should be made for all sections especially the 8P section.lol :p

There are mods with far more A/S3 knowledge than me, but if you get stuck, PM me all the links that you feel should be in there and I will do it.

I was just about to post on this!

I think you could create a stickied how to folder with sub categories within each model section...

I personally would be more than willing to write some how to's showing how to replace brake disks/pads and do a service etc

As I said below, if you write the threads and send me the links I will put them in a thread and sticky it in the relevant model section.