How to identify RS Dual branch exhaust

themadman697

Reaction score
I have my eye on a used 2015 RS3 for sale. Its an Irish car so probably not the same options list as the UK car. I am very keen for it to have the optional RS Dual branch exhaust system. I spoke to a sales person at the dealer and they don't seem so sure if it has this option.

The dealer is about 200 miles away so I would like to figure it out before I make a trip. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to check if it has this or not.

I presume the dual branch is a valved system, is the stock exhaust also a valved system?
If the car is not fitted with this from factory is it possible to retrofit it?

Ask / check if it has the dynamic pack as that was mag ride + exhaust. The sports exhaust just has a small "loop" in the passenger side near the exit point although there may be some Audi magyk in the software that we are all unaware of as yet eg just fitting the sports exhaust might not work?

TX.

As far as i am aware here is no "dynamic pack" here and the mag ride and sports exhaust would be separate options. It definitely does not have the mag ride. Do you perhaps know of a picture that shows that exit point you speak of? I think I have seen someone mention this before but haven't seen what it looks like visually.

No images on the net that I can see so I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it up.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Ok here is passenger side which is why we pay so much money for the sports exhaust ;)

28akg7p.jpg

and here is drivers side:

jq3yn5.jpg

As you can see passenger side has a "loop" not seen on drivers side. Afaik non-sports exhaust has the drivers side non-loop version on passenger side too.

TX.

Reactions: D0C
Thanks a mill for the pictures. Just so I am sure i have this right.

You are speaking about this loop/joining between the 2 pipes

xtpYTM3.jpg

Is this located just behind the exhaust tip where I highlight in the picture below?

2dKZ0LG.jpg

Thanks

Just the other side of each oval exhaust eg if stood at the back of the car, look under the oval exhaust and you will see it. Or not if you don't have sports exhaust ;)

TX.

Just the other side of each oval exhaust eg if stood at the back of the car, look under the oval exhaust and you will see it. Or not if you don't have sports exhaust ;)

TX.
Thanks a mill. At least now when i go to see the car i will be able to tell for sure :)

I thought, the sports exhaust was there when you had the RS logo on the backbox? Or is that on both?

I'd guess both it's all about them at little bypass pipe nutta

Reactions: Bronquito and AudiNutta
Yes both have RS stamped on them. It's the little bypass pipe on one side that is the easiest way to see.

However, the two cylindrical smaller silencers are also a different size (smaller) on the RS Sports exhaust.

Reactions: AudiNutta